| Research Databases
Research Databases: Biography & Genealogy
For off-campus access, enter your fourteen digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
- Ancestry Library Edition (LSC-CyFair, LSC-Tomball, & HCPL) NOTE: on-campus use only
(Ancestry.com and ProQuest)
Genealogy data including census and immigration records, directories, biographies, newspapers and periodicals.
- Biography Reference Bank (LSCS Libraries)
Includes detailed profiles of current and past personalities and "links to 380,000+ related full-text articles plus more than 36,000 images."
- Biography in Context (LSC-CyFair, LSC-Tomball, & HCPL)
Comprehensive biographical resource of over 350,000 people from throughout history and around the world.
- Contemporary Authors
Provides complete biographical and bibliographical information and references on more than 120,000 U.S. and international authors.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
Dictionary of Literary Biography provides nearly 10,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of influential literary figures from all eras and genres.
- Heritage Quest
Family lineage, genealogies, third-party histories and local histories beginning with the 13 original colonies.
- Access Newspaper Archive (LSC-CyFair - Barker Cypress and Fairbanks Center) - NOTE: on-campus use only
(NewspaperARCHIVE.com) "View, save and print full-page newspaper pages dating from 1700 to 2006" from over 4000 newspaper titles.
Note: If using the Google Chrome web browser, follow the instructions from Adobe to see articles correctly rendered.
- America's Historical Newspapers - 1690-2000 (LSCS Libraries)
Browse hundreds of U.S. newspapers published from 1690 through 2000.
- Oxford Art Online (LSCS Libraries)
(Oxford University Press)
Comprises the full text of Grove Art, The Dictionary of Art and The Oxford Companion to Western Art.
TexShare databases are funded in part by the Texas State Library and Archives Commission.