Research Databases: Biography & Genealogy
- Heritage Quest
(ProQuest) Family lineage, genealogies, third-party histories and local histories beginning with the 13 original colonies.
- Biography Reference Bank
(H.W. Wilson) Includes detailed profiles of current and past personalities and "links to 380,000+ related full-text articles plus more than 36,000 images."
- Contemporary Authors
- (Gale Cengage Learning) Provides complete biographical and bibliographical information and references on more than 120,000 U.S. and international authors.
- Dictionary of Literary Biography
(Gale Cengage Learning) Dictionary of Literary Biography provides nearly 10,000 biographical and critical essays on the lives, works, and careers of influential literary figures from all eras and genres.
- Credo Reference
(Credo) Includes materials from over 650 reference books on a variety of topics in higher education, including art, business, history, languages, literature, science, criminal justice, and political science.
- Oxford Art Online
(Oxford University Press) Comprises the full text of Grove Art, The Dictionary of Art and The Oxford Companion to Western Art.
- Proquest Historical Newspapers
(ProQuest) Over 30 million digital pages of seventeen American newspapers dating back to the 18th century.
Find more ...
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.