Medical Issues Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Search the Online Catalog in library or on the web.
- Select Subject Words option from menu
- Select one or more search options below depending on your topic:
doping in sports
athletes drug use
(neonatal) intensive care
See also netLibrary (requires free registration to view books
Health Reference Center-Academic - in library or on campus computers via the Web
- Enter topic words and phrases separated by "and"
Example: pain and management and cancer
- Check Periodicals Holdings List or online catalog for periodical titles not available in full-text online
Other health-related or news databases to try on or off campus:
Additional Search Engines
Works Cited HelpKeep a running list of information sources used while you research. Review links on the Citation Help Page to put your sources in the format requested by your instructor.
Locate writing help on the Web at the following sites:
- Bartleby.com Reference (includes dictionary, encyclopedia, thesauri, quotation collections, word usage, etc.)
- Elements of Style (classic composition guide)
- Information Please (includes almanac, dictionary, & encyclopedia)
- Writer's Handbook - from the The University of Wisconsin-Madison Writing Center (includes grammar & style information)
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!