Texas: Business and Economy
Links to online resources.
- Houston Business - publication of the Houston Branch of the Dallas Federal Reserve provides insight into the regional economy of Houston.
- Texas Department of Economic Development - contains links to programs such as business expansion and recruitment and Texas Tourism.
- Texas Business Advisor - this site provides regulation information and general business assistance.
- Texas Business and Industry Data Center - contains statistics for specific Texas industries as well as on the overall Texas economy.
- Window on State Government - maintained by Office of the Comptroller, provides fiscal overview of Texas government. Contains information about Texas taxes and revenue, the Texas economy, and the Texas Performance Review. Online newsletters include Fiscal Notes, Tax Policy News, and Texas Fast Forward.
Forms and licenses
- Business Organization Forms - forms available from the Texas Secretary of State.
- Texas Business Portal - Links to licenses, permits, registrations, laws, codes, and state taxes.
- One Stop Business Center - provides information on requirements for doing business in Houston as well as referral services.
Small Business Assistance Centers
- Texas Economic Develoment Office of Small Business Assistance (OSBA) - focal point for for ensuring that public and private resources are delivered to support job growth and wealth creation for Texas’ small and historically underutilized businesses.
- LSCS Small Business Development Center
- Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center - information on services offered by the organization and how to contact them.
- University of Houston Small Business Development Center
- City of Houston Strategic Purchasing - includes necessary information for bidding on city projects and materials, as well as a link to bids and request for proposals (RFPs).
- Doing Business with TxDOT - procedures and opportunities for doing projects with the Texas Department of Transportation.
- Texas Taxes - collection of information from the Texas Comptroller of Pulic Accounts.
- Texas Tax Forms - includes Sales and Use Tax, Franchise Tax, Property Tax, and others in PDF format.
Need Help?? Contact Us!!