Texas: Social Sciences
- Alcoholic Beverage Commission - provides descriptions of underage drinking programs.
- Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired - provides links to wide variety of resources, including products, services, organizations, and comprehensive links to other sites.
- Substance Abuse Services - lists abuse programs, statistics.
- Services for Persons with Physical and Mental Disabilities - discusses programs available, plus provides links to sites for specific disabilities, assistive technology, laws, etc.
- Department of Housing and Community Affairs - responsible for affordable housing, community development and community assistance programs; and regulation of the state's manufactured housing industry.
- Texas Health and Human Services - provides information on programs offered for families and welfare recipients including online publications.
- Department of Family and Protective Services - provides information and links encompassing adult and child protection. Also has section entitled "Children Available for Adoption".
- Department of Public Safety - provides information on all aspects of owning a vehicle in Texas, plus maintains Missing Persons Clearinghouse and list of Texas Ten Most Wanted Fugitives.
- Department of Aging and Disability Services - provides information on legislation and a resource guide which address rights of an older person.
- Deaf Services - From Education Department, manages Regional Day School Program for the Deaf. Also provides links to other sites related to deafness.
- Employees Retirement System - provides many online publications and information covering retirement.
- Health and Human Services Commission - provides links to many Human Services Agenciesand provides a search screen.
- Early Childhood Intervention Services - serves families who have babies and toddlers with disabilities or developmmental delays.
- Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired - provides links to adaptive technology resources, publications and other vision related web sites.
- School for the Deaf - houses Captioned Media Program video library depository.
- Veterans Commission - assists veterans, their dependents and survivors in filing claims for U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), including compensation, pension, death benefits, educational assistance, home loans, insurance, hospitalization, and outpatient care.
- Texas Youth Commission - provides for the care, custody, rehabilitation, and reestablishment in society of delinquent youth.
- Workforce Commission - provides sites listing job opportunities and includes information on labor laws, welfare reform, tax information, etc.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!