Agency web sites
The Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) is a national system dedicated to providing access to an extensive body of education literature. Established in 1966, ERIC is supported by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Educational Research and Improvement and is administered by the National Library of Education. Currently, over one million database citations may be found in its database.
- Department of Education Cross Site Indexing Project - site allows user to search specific topical ERIC Clearinghouses.
- ERIC Digests - search short reports on topics of current interest in education.
- Education Reports from ERIC Find reports on federally funded education research topics from the U.S. Department of Education's Educational Resources Information Center. Reports on GPO Access begin with those received in October 2002.
- Finding Out About Financial Aid - Department of Education's Student Financial Assistance Program
- Student Guide: Financial Aid from the U.S. Department of Education - annual comprehensive guide to student aid from the federal government.
- FAFSA - fill out a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web!
Publications and Reports
- Publications in ERIC - Find any publication produced or funded by the U.S. Department of Education since its creation in 1980 which appears in ERIC, the world's largest bibliographic database of education literature. The database currently lists 32,720 publications entered into the ERIC database.
- No Child Left Behind - site details the new program and its primary objectives, first among them putting in place a quantifiable system of checks and balances in the form of outcome-based student assessment. Representing a key plank of President Bush's electoral platform, the No Child Left Behind law and the programs it puts in place are intended to ensure that successful teaching methods are brought to bear in America's classrooms.
- School Matters - site will display current information on public schools.
- Voluntary National Tests - Reports and general information about the proposed national tests for 4th grade reading and 8th grade mathematics.
- Subject Index for the NCES - National Center for Education Statistics.
- Condition of Education: 2008 - annual report to Congress containing 44 indicators concerning the condition of education.
- Digest of Educational Statistics, 1990 - 2007
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2006 - analyzes national data from several sources on crimes committed in schools and to and from schools.
- The Nation's Report Card - since 1969, the National Assessment of Educational Progress, also known as "the Nation's Report Card," has assessed the academic performance of fourth, eighth, and twelfth graders in a range of subjects
- National Center for Educational Statistics - provides facts and figures about the condition of education in the United States.
- NCES Fast Facts - collection of frequently requested statistics arranged by education level.
- National Public School and School District Locator - enable user to find the correct name, address, telephone number, NCES ID number, and other student and teacher information for public schools or school districts as reported to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) by state education officials in each state.
- Students.gov - student gateway to U.S. government.
- Gateway to Educational Resources - access lesson plans, curriculum units, and other educational resources.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!
Maintained by: V. Rigby, Reference/Government Information Librarian vrigby@LoneStar.edu