Federal Reports and Documents
- Al Qaeda Training Manual - consists of excerpts posted on Department of Justice web page. [Adobe Acrobat required.]
- Congressional Research Service (CRS) Intelligence and Security Documents Index - provides an archive of selected CRS reports
- Countering the Changing Threat of International Terrorism - congressionally mandated evaluation of America's laws, policies, and practices for preventing and punishing terrorism directed at American citizens from of the National Commission on Terrorism (June 2000).
- GAO Reports on Airport Security - includes reports dating back to 1986. NOTE: requires installation of Acrobat Reader.
- GAO Reports on Terrorism - includes reports dating back to 1980. NOTE: requires installation of Acrobat Reader.
- Legislation Related to the Attack of September 11 - collection of links to legislation from Thomas, the Library of Congress' Web gateway to legislative information. Links provide the text of the legislation, a summary of the bill, bill status, amendments, and related documents.
- MEDLINEplus: Biodefense and bioterrorism - National Library of Medicine provides a collection of news articles and reports addressing bioterrorism questions.
- Project Megiddo - FBI's strategic assessment of the potential for domestic terrorism in the United States undertaken in preparation for the arrival of the millennium. NOTE: requires installation of Acrobat Reader.
- Patterns in Global Terrorism - State Department report provides statistics, chronologies, detailed country information, and background information on terrorist groups.
- Terrorism in the United States - find annual reports from the FBI for 1996-1999 that provide statistical data and analysis on U.S. terrorism. The 1999 report includes both a summary of 1999 and a broad overview of U.S. based terrorism for the past three decades. 1999 appendices describe currently designated terrorist organizations (1987-1999), as well as providing graphs depicting terrorist related activities and chronologies. NOTE: these are very large files requiring installation of Acrobat Reader.
- Tips for Taking about Disasters - includes guides for children, adults, and first responders from the Health and Human Services Department. Some Spanish guides also available.
- Travel Warnings - from the State Department
- United States Government Interagency Domestic Terrorism Concept of Operations Plan - January 2001 document describing a joint federal agency and department effort to provide guidance to federal, state and local agencies concerning how the federal government would respond to a potential or actual terrorist threat.
- World Factbook - information about countries from the CIA.
Other Terrorism Web Pages
- America's War Against Terrorism - coordinated by Grace York, University of Michigan
- Annotated Bibliography of Government Documents Related to the Threat of Terrorism and the Attack of September 1, 2001 - extensive bibliography created by Kevin Motes, U.S. Government Information Division, Oklahoma Department of Libraries. The bibliography is organized into seven sections (Aftermath, Congressional and Presidential Actions, Global Terrorism, International Politics, National Security, US Foreign Relations, and Weapons of Mass Destruction). Entire document is 1.7 MB, but document may also be downloaded in parts. NOTE: requires installation of Acrobat Reader.
- Attack on America: Remembering September 11th - created by David Durant, East Carolina University.
- Foundations of Inquiry: Terrorism - maintained by Angela Bonnell, Illinois State University.
- Government Information on World Terrorism - maintained by Aric Ahrens, Paul V. Galvin Library, Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Hot Topics - maintained by Carlos Diaz, Evergreen State College.
- September 11, 2001 - maintained by by Lonna Beers, University Center.
- Terrorism and Attacks on the United States - compiled by Larry Romans, Vanderbilt University.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!