| Help with Research
| Government Information
| Federal Information
United States: Business/Economy
Corporate & Industry Resources Economy International Business Procurement Small Business Tax
Corporate and Industry Resources
- Business Center - U.S. State Department site includes Background Notes for foreign countries; diplomatic list; Foreign Per Diem rates; and U.S. business opportunities overseas.
- Commercial News USA - U.S. exporters by name and product and U.S. export opportunities.
- International Trade Administration - trade statistics, general foreign import needs, and export assistance.
- NAFTA Customs Procedures - from the U.S. customs and border protection service, this source is aimed at the importer, exporter or producer with some knowledge of basic entry procedures for importing commercial goods into a country but who has specific questions on NAFTA procedures.
- STAT-USA - obtain the password to use this online database on campus at Lone Star College-North Harris Library. Use STAT-USA to find import-export or international business information.
- USATradeonline.gov - provides market research and trade resources for international business entrepreneurs. Obtain the password to use this online database on campus at Lone Star College-North Harris Library.
- U.S. Customs: Importing & Exporting - includes overview of issues, forms, and regulations. Use tabs at top of page.
- U.S. Trade Representative - foreign trade information including the the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA, and other trade agreements, speeches and Congressional testimony on current trade issues.
- Citizen Gateway: Shopping - access government auctions and sales via Firstgov web site.
- FedBizOpps - the single government point-of-entry for federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) replaces Commerce Business Daily.
- Central Contractor Registration - a virtual one-stop procurement shop for government contracting, CCR makes small business profiles available to federal, state and local government government contracting officers, as well as to private sector businesses. Registration is free and open to small companies.
- Business Gateway - wide range of business resources from the Firstgov web portal.
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations - database containing wage determinations issued by the Department of Labor under the Davis-Bacon and related Acts by county. The Wage and Hour Division of the Labor Department determines prevailing wage rates to be paid on federally funded construction projects.
- Small Business Administration
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!
Maintained by: V. Rigby, Reference/Government Information Librarian vrigby@LoneStar.edu