| Help with Research
| Government Information
| Federal Information
United States: Census
Census Bureau Websites
- Census Bureau
- American FactFinder - Census Bureau data access and dissemination system that provides community, economy, and society information. Try this first!
- CenStats - includes County Business Patterns, ZIP Business Patterns, etc.
- Population Estimates (online database) - publishes resident populations and demographic components of change (births, deaths, etc.)
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Census 2010 - official site from the Census Bureau
- County and City Databook: 2007
- Zip Code Business Patterns - provides data on total number of establishments and number of establishments by employment-size classes by detailed industry. Data is available from 1994 to most current year available.
- Poverty Thresholds - Family and Number of Related Children
- Census Bureau report on poverty featuring poverty rates, and income statistics.
- State and County Quick Facts - from the U.S. Census Bureau, site provides people, business, and geographic statistics.
- We the Americans - statistics from the Census Bureau about various population groups in the U.S.
- World Population Profile - latest published compendium and analysis of data on population, fertility, mortality, contraceptive use and related demographic topics by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- County Business Patterns - provides economic activity. Click Historical Data tab for information before 1998..
Other Resources and Census Data
- CensusScope - Easily navigable site of Census data providing charts, maps, and tables. Data includes information such as multiracial and population growth, population by race, age structure, and family structure. Site created by the Social Science Data Analysis Network (SSDAN) at the University of Michigan.
- Stat USA - obtain the password to use this database on campus at Lone Star College-North Harris from a NHC Reference Librarian.
- Dicennial Census Research Guide - Decennial censuses are those issued every ten years by the US federal government’s Census Bureau that more currently cover population and housing statistics. Compiled by Mississippi State.
- Historical Census Data Browser - impressive array of historical Census data describing the people and economy for each state and county, for the years 1790 to 1960. Data was assimilated by the GEOSTAT Center at the University of Virginia Library.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!
Maintained by: V. Rigby, Reference/Government Information Librarian vrigby@LoneStar.edu