Teen Room Displays
DISPLAYS IN TEEN ROOM
- Asian Pacific Heritage Month: May
- Audio Books: Entire books on tapes and CD's.
- Black History Month: February
- Banned Book Lists: "Celebrating the Freedom to Read", from the American Library Association, http://www.ala.org/ala/oif/bannedbooksweek/bannedbooksweek.htm
- CFISD High School required summer reading: http://www.cfisd.net/dept2/library/library_hs.htm#reading
9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grades titles to borrow.
- CFISD Middle School,recommended reading: http://www.cfisd.net/dept2/library/library_ms.htm#reading
Grades 6, 7 & 8 lists and award winning and popular books are on display for you to borrow.
- Graphic Novels: Special display of graphic novels.
- Hispanic Heritage Month: SeptemberMagazines: Back issues with bar codes can be checked out for two weeks.
- Native American Heritage Month: November
- New Books: The latest titles, hot off the press.
- Non-fiction on teen-specific issues.
- Suggested Reading According to Genre - pamphlets for you to take home: Mystery and Adventure, Science Fiction, Non-Fiction and Pop Culture, Realistic Fiction, Chick Lit, Historical Fiction, Comics and Graphic Novels, Horror and Fantasy.
- Teen Read Week: October
- Teen Tech Week: March
- Young People's Poetry Week: April