Research Databases: Geography & Cultures
For off-campus access, enter your fourteen digit library barcode number located on the back of your college ID/ library card. No college ID or library card? Request a college ID or library card barcode number.
- Humanities Full Text
(EBSCO/H.W.Wilson) Full-text articles from over 330 journals encompassing all fields of humanities dating back to 1910.
- Religion & Philosophy Collection
(EBSCO) Includes over 300 full-text journals on such topics as world religions, biblical studies, and many aspects of philosophy.
- JSTOR (JSTOR) Complete historical full text of peer-reviewed journals in a wide range of humanities and social science fields.
- Project Muse
(Johns Hopkins University Press) Full text of 285 journals in literature, history, international/cultural studies and other humanities and social sciences fields.
- Communications & Mass Media
(EBSCO) Full text from over 500 journals for communications, mass media, and other closely related fields.
- National Geographic Online Publications Index - free web
"Contains over 30,000 records, each describing a magazine article, book, map, or other Society product" including National Geographic magazine back to 1888
- Science Online
This full-text, weekly multidisciplinary scientific journal publishes original peer-reviewed research and noteworthy science news (July 1880 to the present).
- EBSCO eBook Collection
(EBSCO) Search complete electronic books. Set up a free account and download to your PC, Mac, Nook, Sony, Android, iPhone, or iPad.
- Ebook Central
(ProQuest) Over 100,000 e-book titles covering a full range of academic topics. Maps and general reference works are also included.
- Newspaper Source
(EBSCO) Selected full-text from 30 US national and international newspapers and 200 regional papers, plus TV & radio news transcripts.
- LexisNexis Academic
(LexisNexis) Full-text U.S. and world news articles, magazines, and journals.
- Newsbank (LSC-North Harris)
(Newsbank, Inc.) Provides full-text access to over 2,000 newspapers and online news sources from the United States and select international locations.
- Academic Video Online
(Alexander Stree Press) Full-length videos on various topics, documentaries, instructional materials, and limited historical news reports.
- Films on Demand
(Films Media Group) High-quality, educational streaming video from companies such as Films for the Humanities, BBC, and PBS.
(Kanopy) Classic cinema, independent films, and top documentaries in streaming video. Includes Media Education Foundation Collection.
- Search the Library Catalog. Request any circulating items not in your local library using the "Place Hold" button. Login with your 14-digit library barcode number and PIN.
- Looking for a specific article? Search the Full Text Finder for newspaper, magazine, or journal titles.
- Search WorldCat to find books and articles from libraries worldwide, then apply at your local library for a TexShare card to borrow them directly or request specific books and articles through interlibrary loan.
Selected databases are funded, in part, through TexShare, a division of the Texas State Library and Archives Commission, utilizing grant funds provided by the US Institute of Museum and Library Services.