Professional Office Tech Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- business English
- office procedures
|Find e-books, streaming videos, and articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals.||Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.|
Periodicals found in the Research Databases
- American Medical Writers Association Journal
- Journal of the Association of Legal Writing Directors
- PC Magazine
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Most books are located on the third floor of the library. See below for subject and shelf range.
Location on the shelves
|Business English||PE 115.A3 thru PE 1116.M 44 V 55 2005|
|Business Math||HF 5691. B 69 1987 thru HF 5695 M 66|
|Keyboarding||Z 49 G 812 1989 thru Z 49.2 V 38 2006|
|Legal Office Procedures||KF 319. C 37 1993 thru KF 319. M67 2004|
|Medical Coding||R 728. M33 2004 thru R 728.5 S 244 2006|
|Medical Office Procedures||R 728.5 S 26 2007 thru R 728.8 T 4667 2006|
|Medical Software||R 858. B856 2004 thru R 864. C 67 2005|
- AMA (American Management Association) Handbook of Business Writing
- First-Time Manager
- Picture Yourself Learning Microsoft Office 2010
- Touch Typing in 10 Hours
- How to Write Effective business English
- Make an Impact with your Writen English
- Making Work Work
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010 Step by Step
Periodicals in Print
Located on the second floor of the library.
- Law and Order
- Countries and Cultures - find resources for cultural comparison research
- Business - find resources for "starting a business" research
- Careers and Job Search - find sources for conducting a career research