Bookmark mobile friendly versions of the Library Catalog and LSCS databases.
Access LSCS library holdings information by using the mobile friendly library catalog from the Harris County Public Library System.
- EBSCOhost Mobile (Use your LSCS ID/library card barcode number.)
Access articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers on multiple subjects such as current events, health & medicine, business, history, and much more.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Mobile
Access reference articles from the Encyclopedia Britannica.
- Harris County Public Library Mobile Page
Search their library catalog, renew books, and more.
- JSTOR Mobile Beta
Search JSTOR on the go, then email citations to yourself so you can read the articles later on a computer.
- Stat!Ref (Use your LSCS ID/library card barcode number.)
Over 30 titles of medical reference books and textbooks.
- MedlinePlus (free web)
National Library of Medicine and National Institutes of Health database on health topics and drugs, including medical encyclopedias.
- Westlaw (For students in specific legal courses) Eligible students must obtain password from professors.
Find legal reviews, legal journals, state & federal court cases, federal laws, business and current events periodicals, company reports, and television broadcast transcripts.
- WorldCat (free web)
Find books, periodicals, and additional library resources from Houston-area libraries in addition to state, national, and international libraries.
Add the apps below to your mobile device to access library subscription databases or research related resources.
- eBook Collection
Browse, check out and download electronic books into your Android and Apple devices.
- EBSCOhost (iPhone and iPod Touch app)
Access articles from journals, magazines, and newspapers on multiple subjects such as current events, health & medicine, business, history, and much more. To get the app, first access this EBSCOhost link on your mobile device, use your LSCS ID/library card barcode number to authenticate. Scroll down the page and click on the link "EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application," enter your e-mail address. Open the email from EBSCO on your mobile device. The email will provide you with a link to download the app from iTunes, and a device authentication link. Download the app from iTunes, and then from the email, click on the authentication link.
- Naxos Music Library for Android and Apple App Store (Requires free student playlist registration. View iPhone App Tutorial - Naxos Music Library for instructions.)
Thousands of audio tracks from different styles and eras.
- Overdrive (cross-platform)
Borrow downloadable e-books and audio-books from participating libraries. Access materials from the Harris County Public Library Media Catalog with your HCPL or Lone Star library barcode (LSCS access courtesy of their partnership with Harris County Public Library System).
- Mobipocket (various platforms, excluding Apple)
Compatible app that can be used to access ebooks from Harris County Public Library Media Catalog.
- RedLaser (Apple and Android) Comparison shopping app that uses your Smartphone's camera to scan product barcodes. Use this app to scan ISBN barcodes from books to find availability information from local libraries. Video tutorial
- Stat!Ref (Apple, Android and Blackberry)
Includes over 350 interactive and authoritative evident based resources including full-text electronic medical reference books such as CPT, DSM-IV-TR and ICD-9-CM. Follow the steps below to access them using your mobile device.
- Access Stat!Ref through the campus link (off-campus access requires your 14-digit barcode number from the LSCS ID/library card).
- Select Your Preferences link in the upper right corner.
- Login or set up a new account in just a few steps.
- **Important: Select the “Temporary Login Account” tab and select the “Activate/Renew” icon.
When asked, you will need to renew your account to continue mobile access, starting at step 1 (access through an authenticated link)
- WorldCat (Apple)
Find books, periodicals, and additional library resources from Houston-area libraries, in addition to state, national, and international libraries.
Calculate & Manage Your Time Wisely
Use an assignment calculator to plan your research and keep track of project due dates.
Collect and Organize Your Resources
Keep your individual or group project organized and easily accessible. Save web pages and articles from library databases.
- Google Gadget Add our Google Gadget to your iGoogle portal or to your webpage.
- LibX Toolbar Add our library toolbar to your Internet Explorer or Firefox browsers.
Cite Your Sources
Use one of these bibliographic citation tools to help you cite your sources. Select the correct style (MLA, APA, Chicago) before entering information. These tools are not perfect, so use the guides on Citation Help to recheck your citations.