Tax Preparation - LSC-CyFair
February 4 – April 15, 2015 in LRNC 131
- Mondays: 3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. - LSC-CyFair Accounting Department
- Wednesdays: 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. - AARP Tax-Aide
- Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. - AARP Tax-Aide
Free tax assistance to seniors and low/middle income individuals on a first come, first served basis.
- LSC-CyFair Accounting Department - Facilitated Self Assistance (FSA)
Accounting students offer assistance while you prepare your tax return.
- AARP Tax-Aide
Trained volunteers prepare and will e-File your tax return.
NOTE: Taxes may be filed electronically.
Please bring the following items to prepare your taxes
Note: List updated for 2014 returns!
- Copy of last year's income tax return(s).
- Social Security cards for all adults and dependents.
- W-2 forms from each employer.
- W-2G for gambling winnings.
- Unemployment compensation statements on 1099-G.
- SSA-1099 form if you were paid Social Security benefits.
- All 1099 forms (1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B) showing interest and/or dividends and documentation showing original purchase price and purchase date of sold assets.
- 1099-misc showing any miscellaneous income.
- 1099-R form if you received a pension or annuity.
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid.
- Dependent care provider information (name, address, and Employer Identification Number (EIN) or provider’s Social Security Number).
- All receipts or canceled checks if itemizing deductions.
- Form 1095-A, (issued by the insurance companies) for every person listed on their return, if they purchased health insurance through the Marketplace.
- Proof of Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) health insurance, i.e. employer, COBRA, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.
- Record of property tax payments made in 2014 and mortgage company 1099s, if itemizing deductions.
- Form 1098T from colleges, receipts for tuition and books, if claiming education benefits.
Additional Tax HelpTax Deadline - April 15, 2015!
Tax Forms and Publications in the Library!
Note: Due to IRS changes this year, only 1040, 1040-A, and 1040-EZ forms will be available in paper form in the library.
- Free File: Do Your Federal Taxes for Free (if your adjusted gross income is $57,000 or less).
- IRS Forms and Publications
- Find AARP Foundation Tax-Aide Program
- Order IRS Forms & Publications by Mail (or call toll free at 1.800.829.3676)
- Additional information on IRS Free Tax Return Preparation by Volunteers.