How many digital items can I check out?
- Checkout limits vary by vendor. OverDrive has a maximum
checkout of 30 titles.
How long can I check out a digital item?
- Borrowing periods vary by vendor. OverDrive checks out eBooks/Audio for 14 days.
Can I get a fine on a late digital item?
- No. Digital loans are never “late,” they automatically return when the checkout period is over.
Can I renew a digital item?
- Maybe. Renewals vary vendor. OverDrive and OneClickdigital offer renewals for items with no wait list.
Can I return my checked-out item early?
- Early returns vary by vendor and file type, but most do offer the option.
How do I put a digital item on hold?
- Most vendors have the option to Borrow/Checkout a title or Place a Hold on a title.
How will I be notified when I can download a digital item I placed on hold?
- You will receive an email notifying you when the title is available.
What happens to the digital item once my borrowing time is complete?
- Your online account will automatically check-in a title.
- Any downloaded files must be manually deleted from your computer or mobile device.
What software do I need?
- Required software varies by vendor and device. Most vendors offer a free app or the option to use your browser.
Where can I get additional assistance?
- eBook/eReader tutorials, located at LoneStar.edu/library/15767.
- Schedule an appointment with an eBook expert at LoneStar.edu/library/15938.
Need extra help? Schedule an appointment with our eBook experts.
Before you begin, confirm you have the following information ready: