Streaming Videos on Demand
(Alexander Press) Includes documentaries, historical newsreels, interviews, performances, and more across all subject disciplines.
- More than 57,000 titles and growing. Content is updated monthly.
- Search by keywords or browse by subject, collection, subject discipline, or publisher.
- Sign up for an account to create playlists and customized clips for online classes or viewing in face-to-face classes.
Nursing Education in Video (Alexander Street Press) Videos created by Medcom-Trainex specifically for the education and training of nurses, nursing assistants, and other healthcare workers. Login to create a playlist to share or embed videos or static links to videos in online courses.
- As of June 2014, the collection included 317 videos
- Transcripts for each video are included.
- Regularly reviewed for compliance with U.S. Federal regulations from agencies such as OSHA and CMS
- Unique "Make clip" tool allows you to easily create your own clip from longer videos
- Embed/Link provides a stable permalink or embed code for online classes.
- 28 subject areas
- Captioning on many videos
- More than 32 contributing producers
- Thousands of videos
- Accessible via any mobile device that supports Flash video or H264 video streaming, including iPad 1.0+ and the iPhone 4.0+
- Embed videos from Films on Demand into your D2L classes: PDF Guide || Video Tutorial
(Media Education Foundation; hosted by Kanopy Streaming Video) Features films that "encourage critical thinking about the social, political, and cultural impact of American mass media."
- Includes 144 videos, as of October 2016.
- Public performance rights included unless specified otherwise.
Supports curriculum in communication, sociology, anthropology, education, psychology, women's studies, and race studies.
- Hosted by Kanopy; with an account login, you can create watchlists (playlists) and customized clips, and maintain a log of your viewing history.
Help for creating accounts and embedding films.
Questions? Contact any of the LSCS Libraries.