Student Library Advisory Club
The mission is to provide input and student perspective to assist the LSC-North Harris Library in responding to the changing information needs of 21st century students.
- Respond to various surveys on topics related to library resources, services, and image
- Provide insight into the study habits of our student population
- Solicit input from peers via polls or other means of communication on various topics
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for improving services and resources
- Work with library faculty and staff to shape the LSC-North Harris library into a 21st century library
2013-2014 Major Accomplishments
- Group provided feedback on the use of the Aurasma app for student engagement in an Academic Integrity workshop. Reported positive feedback.
- Group provided feedback on the use of interactive activities in D2L using SoftChalk and StudyMate. Made recommendations and reported positive feedback.
- Group piloted Library 101, and reported positive feedback.
- Group piloted the 3D printer and provided recommendations for marketing.
- Members from SLAC assisted with campus outreach services during Senior Star visits.
2012-2013 Major Accomplishments
- From one of their recommendations, we increased marketing to include a captive audience in restroom stalls.
- Group provided feedback on the current state of library e-books, and created an E-Book survey.
- Group provided feedback on the furniture, carpet, and decor.
- Group provided feedback on the main Library page redesign.
- Increased marketing to include in-house promotion of our services on every Library Student Research computer with a customized desktop background.
- Explored and provided very positive feedback on NBC Learn and Films On Demand on mobile devices.
- Piloted and tested instructions on accessing our e-book collection on Kindle Fire devices.
- 2013 Club President, Lorinzia Hannah, interviewed the 2013 Student Poet Laureate, Imani "Clio" Lang.
2014-2015 Meetings are planned from 12:00pm to 1:00pm at the North Harris Library, Room LB305
- September 25, 2014
- October 30, 2014
- November 20, 2014
- January 29, 2015
- February 12, 2015
- March 26, 2015
- April 30, 2015
Contact Norma, club advisor for more information.
Presentation slides: http://opn.to/a/yEqJl