Paralegal Studies Research Guide-North Harris
For resources featuring a variety of legal subjects, consider reviewing the following selected reference books.
- Black's Law Dictionary - REF KF 156 .B53
- Encyclopedia of the American Judicial System - REF KF 154 .E53
- The Guide to American Law: Everyone's Legal Encyclopedia - REF KF 156 .G77
- Legal Research and Citation - REF KF 240 .T46
- Legal Thesaurus - REF KF 156 .B856
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory - REF KF 190 .M3
- Official Guide to U.S. Law Schools - REF KF 273 .A87
- The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation - REF KF 245 .B58 (Available at the Reference Desk)
- The Greenbook: Texas Rules of Form - REF KFT 1275 .T4 (Available at the Reference Desk)
- ALWD Citation Manual: a Professional System of Citation - REF KF 245 .A45
For resources featuring state legal issues, consider reviewing the following selected reference materials.
- O'Connor's Texas Civil Forms - REF KFT 173 .A65 O26
- Official Texas Administrative Code - REF KFT 1235.1988 .A215 (2016 edition only)
- Shepard's Texas Citations - REF KFT 1259 .S5
- Shepard's Texas Law Locator - REF KFT 1281 .S47
- Texas Cases Reported in South Western Reporter, 2nd Series - REF KFT 1257 .W478
- Texas Civil Practice - REF KFT 1730 .M36
- Texas Constitution and Statutes
- Texas Decisions Reported in South Western Reporter, 2nd & 3rdSeries - REF KFT 1257 .W477
- Texas Jur III - REF KFT 1265 .T49 3d
- Texas Legal Directory - REF KF 192 .T45 T43
- Texas Legal Practice Forms - REF KFT 1268 .S85
- Texas Litigation Guide - REF KFT 1730 .T4
- Texas Subsequent History Table - REF KFT 1257 .W478
- Texas Transaction Guide - REF KFT 1268 .K45
- Vernon's Texas Statutes and Codes Annotated - REF KFT 1555 .A295
- West's Texas Digest _ REF KFT 1257 .W47
- West's Texas Forms - Ref KFT 1268 .W47
For resources featuring federal legal issues, consider reviewing the following selected reference books and U.S. Documents.
- American Jurisprudence: A Modern Comprehensive Text Statement of American Law, State and Federal - KF 154 .A42
- Code of Federal Regulations
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution - REF KF 4548 .E53
- Federal Register
- The Federal Reporter - REF KF 105 .F42 (2d series vols. 1-300 only)
- Federal Supplement - REF KF 105 .F43 (vols. 1-300, 569-666 only)
- Guide to the U.S. Supreme Court - REF KF 8742 .W567
- Martindale-Hubbell Law Digest - REF KF 190 .M36
- United States Code - U.S. Documents Y1.2/5:
- United States Code Annotated - REF KF 62 .W46
- United States Reports - U.S. Documents Ju 6.8/a
- United States Statutes at Large - U.S. Documents AE 2.111:
- United States Supreme Court Decisions: An Index to Excerpts... - REF KF 101.6 .G83
- United States Supreme Court Decisions: An Index to Their Locations - REF KF 101.6 .A5
- U.S. Tax Cases - REF KF 6280 .A2 C63
- Academic Search Complete
(EBSCO) Full Text of articles from journals, magazines and newspapers, plus image collections.
- Gale Legal Forms (LSCS Libraries)
(Gale) View, add to, and print Texas legal forms in such areas as wills, leases, and divorces.
(JSTOR) Complete historical full text of all issues of peer-reviewed journals in a wide range of humanities and social science fields.
- Legal Collection
(EBSCO) Provides full text for almost 250 law journals including information in such areas as criminal justice, international law, federal law, organized crime, and ethics, with backfiles of selected titles from 1965 to the present.
- LexisNexis Academic
(LexisNexis) Contains laws and court rulings as well as law reviews and legal analysis for state and federal courts; full-text U.S. and world news articles, magazines, and journals; and company profiles for private and public businesses.
Tutorial Overview - LexisNexis Academic
Tutorial over LexisNexis Academic Legal Research
Tutorial over LexisNexis Academic News Resources
Tutorial over LexisNexis Academic Business Resources
A partial listing of the relevant periodical titles available. See the above databases for additional resources.
- ABA Journal (Available in Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, and Legal Collection)
- Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology (Available in Academic Search Complete, JSTOR, Legal Collection, and Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection)
- Paralegal Today
- Texas Bar Journal (Available in EBSCO Open Access Law Collection)