OER and Open Access
By the end of the Fall semester you have either:
- Used an OER in your fall course instructions, or
- Developed a plan to use an OER in future course instruction
Sign up and join the Challenge!
Challenge is being sponsored by the LSC-North Harris Library and LSC-Online, with collaboration from Faculty Staff Center and Adjunct Center of Excellence.
Contact Christine Ramsey for information on the challenge.
Use repositories below to find appropriate course open textbooks/books:
- College Open Textbooks
- Open Textbook Library
- Open TextBookStore
- OpenStax College (openstax CNX)
- MIT Online Textbooks
- Open Access Textbooks
- Directory of Open Access Books
- INTECH (Science, Technology and Medicine)
- Saylor Academy Open Textbooks
- Project Gutenberg
- Open Textbook Network
- Open SUNY Textbooks
- Open Culture
- Global Text Project
- BCcampus OpenEd
Learning objects can range from images, audio, course readings, textbooks, simulations, games, assessments, and virtually any digital object that can be used for teaching and learning.
- MERLOT II - [Advanced Search] [Video Tutorial by John Shank]
- OER Commons - [Video Tutorial]
- The Orange Grove
- SPARC - Comprehensive Lists of Repositories
- The Texas Network for Teaching Excellence
- Wisc-Online - Technical (automotive, electrical, engineering, fabrication, machine tool, safety, welding, and much more)
- Skills Commons - Browse by Industry
- Internet Archive - Includes texts, audio, moving images, software, and archived web pages
- Open Clip Art Library
- Flickr Creative Commons - find photos with various flexible sharing/usage rights
- Free Sheet Music
- Jamendo - royalty-free music catalog
Science and Math
- PHET Interactive Simulations (science and math)
- Directory of Open Access Journals - DOAJ is an online directory of quality open access, peer reviewed journals.
- Directory of Open Access Repositories
- Beall's List of OA Publishers of Potential, Possible, or Probable Predatory Scholarly Open Access Publishers
- Creative Commons Nonprofit organization that enables the sharing and use of creativity and knowledge through free legal tools.
- Using Creative Commons Guided video tour by a North Harris librarian.
- Creative Commons License Video provides a basic explanation on the various Creative Commons licenses.