Prom Closet, Dress Give-Away - LSC-CyFair
PROM CLOSET - PERMANENTLY CLOSED.
- Donations are no longer being accepted.
- Since 2004, started by CyFair ISD senior LaShanta Green, Lone Star College Teen Librarian Elise Sheppard and LSC-CF Friends of the Library President Nancy Flanakin.
- Sponsored by the Lone Star College-CyFair Branch Library, Friends of the Library, and the Harris County Public Library System.
Photos from the 11th Annual Prom Dress Give-Away, Spring 2015
Thank you to the many individuals, companies and organizations who volunteer their time to help organize the dresses, assist the young women in finding the perfect gown and donate gift cards, gift baskets, dresses, accessories and beauty services.
Many beautiful dresses, prom shoes and services have been generously donated by the following stores and companies:
- Eesh Formals, Houston, TX
- Mary Kay Beauty Consultant, Katie Prewitt, Cypress, TX
- The Awty International School, Houston, TX
- Follett Bookstore, Lone Star College-CyFair, Cypress, TX
- Best Choice Fashion, Houston, TX
- Charming Charlie, Houston, TX
- Ae'Za, Houston, TX
- Friends of the Library, Lone Star College-CyFair Branch Friends of the Library
- ALL, Lone Star College-CyFair Academy for Lifelong Learning
- Muzzies, Houston, TX
- Formal Gallery, Houston, TX
TV & Newspaper Interviews
- (Below) 'El Prom': un vestido lindo y gratuito para la gran fiesta.
http://blog.chron.com/lavoz/2015/04/el-prom-un-vestido-lindo-y-gratuito-para-la-gran-fiesta/#32422101=6. By Milagros Duran, La Voz De Houston, April 24, 2015.
- (Below) Local woman ensures it's not the last dance for Prom Closet. http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/heights/news/article/Local-woman-ensures-it-s-not-the-last-dance-for-5542189.php. By Lindsay Peyton, The Houston Chronicle, Heights and River Oaks Community News, June 10, 2014.