Teen Library Programs - LSC-CyFair
Elise Sheppard, firstname.lastname@example.org, 281-290-5248
Melanie Wachsmann, email@example.com, 281-290-3400
- PROM CLOSET: The Prom Closet has closed down after 12 years of operation. Donations are no longer accepted.
- FREE TUTORING: There are currently no volunteer tutors for any subject at this library.
2016 Fall Activities
Book Clubs - 2 Monthly
Friday book club followed by Study Skills student success seminars
Sign up binder is located at the 1st floor Reference Desk.
Stop by or call 281-290-3214. Sign up now!
Monday evenings book club
Stop by or call 281-290-3213.
|September 23||Book - Beowulf: A New Verse Translation by Seamus Heaney
Study Skill - Memory
|October 14||Book - The Phantom of the Opera: The Original Novel by Gaston Leroux
Study Skill - Note Taking
|November 11||Book - Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Study Skill - Doing Research
|December 2||Book - So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport
Study Skill - Success: Personal, professional, financial
|MONDAYS - 7 - 8pm in the Teen Room|
|September 19||Beowulf: A New Verse Translation by Seamus Heaney|
|October 17||The Phantom of the Opera: The Original Novel by Gaston Leroux|
|November 14||Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes|
|December 5||So Good They Can't Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest for Work You Love by Cal Newport|
Creative Writing Events
- Mondays in November: 6-8pm, LRNC 144
- Creating Writing Workshop (for teens & adults ages 13+): Saturday, Nov. 12, 2-5pm, LRNC 131
Screen - Play
- September 14 - McFarland, USA (PG, 129 min) Disney
- October 12 - Hocus Pocus (PG, 96 min) Disney
- November 9 - Goosebumps (PG, 103 min) Sony
- December 14 - Harry & the Hendersons (PG, 111 min) Universal
Study Skills - Student Success Seminars
- September 26: Memory & Note Taking
- October 10: Self Esteem & Time Management
- October 24: Writing/Speaking & Selling Your Marketable Skills
- November 28: Preparing for an Exam/Coping with Test Anxiety & Financial Success and Security
Year Round Programs
Lectures in a wide array of subjects by world-class professors from prestigious universities such as Princeton, Stanford, the University of Pennsylvania.
Extraordinary way to improve your mind and expand your world.