EMSP - Prevention Project Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
Prevalence: definition from Merriam-Webster
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- National Center for Health Statistics
- Preventing Chronic Disease (publication) - supports searching
- Data & Statistics: Training & Education, sections on Immunization, Infectious Disease, Injury & Violence, and others
- National Safety Council
- for Fact Sheets on injuries
- for publications of annual statistics (also available in print in the LSC-NH Library)
Search for "prevalence and <disease or injury>"
Add terms as needed to focus your results, e.g., prevalence and diabetes and children and Texas
Restrict your results to Full-Text, Scholarly Journals, and the last several years.
Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.
For patient education materials
For patient education materials in multiple languages
- Medlineplus.gov: Health Information in Multiple Languages
Video Introduction to APA (7 min)
- APA Herding Cats Sample Paper 2014
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (includes in-text citations and references) (Purdue OWL)
- Diana Hacker's Social Sciences (Bedford/St. Martin's)
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice (Monica Norem)
Formatting a Research Paper in Microsoft Word