Automotive Tech Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- automotive repair
- hybrid cars
Contains thousands of articles, from multiple publishers, on almost all subjects. (Video Tutorial)
Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.
For more databases, see Research Databases: Workforce & Applied Technology.
- Aftermarket Business
- Auto Body Repair Network (2012 to present)
- Automotive Body Repair News (1999 to present)
- Automotive Design & Production (1996 to present)
- Automotive Engineer (1997 to present)
- Automotive Industries (1999 to present)
- Automotive Manufacturing & Production (1996 to present)
- Automotive News (1996 to present)
- AutoWeek (1996 to present)
- Motor Age (1999 to present)
- Popular Mechanics (1996 to present)
- Ward's Auto World (1997 to present)
Located on the second floor of the library.
- Automotive News
- Car and Driver
- Cycle World
- Hot Rod
- Motor Age
- Motor Trend
- Road and Track
- Ward's Auto World
E-Books (Sample List)
- Electric and Hybrid Cars: A History
- Careers for Car Buffs & Other Freewheeling Types
- The Changing US Auto Industry
Chilton's Guides & Repair manuals are located in the shelf range: TL 150s & TL 200s.
Books and repair manuals on motor vehicles and automotive technology are located on the third floor of the library in the circulating shelf range: TL 1 - TL 300.
Library Catalog to search for books.
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "Place Hold" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
- ASE Study Guides
- Car & Driver
- International Automotive Technicians’ Network
- Motor Trend
- Road & Track
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Specialty Equipment Market Association