| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Business Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- (company) Frito Lay
- (company and brand) Frito Lay and Lays Potato Chips
- (industry) airlines in the United States, 311919 "other snack food manufacturing"
- (current topic) recession, unemployment, downsizing, layoffs
See Research Databases: Business for additional resources.
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Most business books are located on the HB through HJ sections of the shelves on the third floor of the library.
The library has a variety of handbooks on starting your small business in a particular field such as cosmetology, gardening, bakery, recording studio, and so much more.
Business and Association Directories
Business Plans, Business Law, Taxes and Venture Capital
Demographics and Additional Statistical Information
Identify your potential customers by location. Learn basic demographic information to target your marketing campaing.
ZIP Codes in North Houston and Montgomery County:
- Aldine-North Loop-Greenspoint —77016, 022, 026, 028, 032, 037, 038, 039, 050, 060, 073, 076, 078, 086, 088, 091, 093, 396
- FM 1960-Spring-Klein —77014, 066, 067, 068, 090, 373, 379, 388, 389
- Humble-Atascocita-Northeast —77336, 337, 338, 346, 347, 357, 358, 365, 372, 390, 391, 396
- Northwest-Cy-Fair —77040, 041, 064, 065, 069, 070, 095, 429, 433, 447, 484
- Tomball-Magnolia —77353, 354, 355, 362, 375
- South Montgomery County —77380, 381, 382, 384, 385, 386
- North Montgomery County -- 77301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 327, 328, 333, 356, 378
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?