| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Major Company Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
This page is used by Professor Clark's Marketing students.
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- (company) Frito Lay
- (company and brand) Frito Lay and Lays Potato Chips
- (industry) airlines in the United States, 311919 "other snack food manufacturing"
- (current topic) recession, unemployment, downsizing, layoffs
See Research Databases: Business for additional resources.
Business and Association Directories
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?