Construction & Building Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
A good starting point for construction and building research are the following reference books, which are located on the third floor of the library.
- International Building Code (2015)
- International Residential Code (2015)
- International Energy Conservation Code (2015)
- International Fire Code (2015)
- National Electrical Code Handbook (2017)
City of Houston Building Codes, Amendments, and Information
- Houston Amendments & Code Related Documents
- 2014 City of Houston Codes - A list of the adopted codes (PDF document)
- United States Access Board
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design - Code of Federal Regulations (PDF document)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
Contains thousands of articles, from multiple publishers, on almost all subjects. (Video Tutorial)
Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.
Featured Journals & Trade Publications
- Advanced Materials and Processes (1996 to present)
- ARUP Journal (2008 t present) (open access)
- Builder Online (2001 to present) (open access)
- Building Design & Construction (2008 to present) (open access)
- Building Economist (008 to present)
- Building Research and Information (1997 to present with 18 month embargo)
- Building Services Engineering Research & Technology (2001 to present)
- Buildings (1996 to present)
- Construction Management and Economics (1983 to present with 18 month embargo)
- Environmental Design & Construction (2002 to present)
- Harwood Floors Magazine (2008 to present)
- Kitchen and Bath Business(2002 to present)
- Lean Construction Journal(2008 to present)
- Old House Journal (2010 to present)
- Qualified Remodeler (2004 to present)
- This Old House (2001 to present)
- McGraw-Hill's Engineering Companion
- Heat Exchanger Design Handbook
- Building Construction Handbook
- Physical Metallurgy of Thermomechanical Treatment of Structural Steels
- Encyclopedia of the History of Technology
- Alloying Liquid Metal with Nitrogen from Electric Arc Plasma
- Steel Heat Treatment Handbook
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Introduction to Manufacturing Processes and Materials
- Composite Construction
- Dispersion-strengthened Aluminum Prepared by Mechanical Alloying
Multi-subject electronic book collection (Video tutorial)
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "Place Hold" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials