Construction & Building Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
A good starting point for construction and building research are the following reference books, which are located on the third floor of the library.
- International Building Code 2012 (ICC) -REF K3538.A15 I5 2012
- International Residential Code 2012 (ICC) - REF K3538.I586 2012
- International Energy Conservation Code 2012 (ICC) - REF K3538 .I584 2012
- International Fire Code 2012 (ICC) - REF K3674 .I58 2012
- National Electrical Code Handbook 2011 (NFPA) - REF TK 3275 .N38 2011
City of Houston Building Codes, Amendments, and Information
- Houston Amendments & Code Related Documents
- 2012 City of Houston Codes - A list of the adopted codes (PDF document)
- United States Access Board
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design - Code of Federal Regulations (PDF document)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
Find e-books, streaming videos, and articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals. Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form..
- Academic Search Complete - articles Video Tutorial
- Science & Technology Collection - articles
- Vocational and Career Collection - articles Video Tutorial
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.