Construction & Building Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
A good starting point for construction and building research are the following reference books, which are located on the third floor of the library.
City of Houston Building Codes, Amendments, and Information
- Houston Amendments & Code Related Documents
- 2014 City of Houston Codes - A list of the adopted codes (PDF document)
- United States Access Board
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design - Code of Federal Regulations (PDF document)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Advanced Materials and Processes (1996 to present)
- ARUP Journal (2008 t present) (open access)
- Builder Online (2001 to present) (open access)
- Building Design & Construction (2008 to present) (open access)
- Building Economist (008 to present)
- Building Research and Information (1997 to present with 18 month embargo)
- Building Services Engineering Research & Technology (2001 to present)
- Buildings (1996 to present)
- Construction Management and Economics (1983 to present with 18 month embargo)
- Environmental Design & Construction (2002 to present)
- Harwood Floors Magazine (2008 to present)
- Kitchen and Bath Business(2002 to present)
- Lean Construction Journal(2008 to present)
- Old House Journal (2010 to present)
- Qualified Remodeler (2004 to present)
- This Old House (2001 to present)
Find e-books, streaming videos, and articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals. Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form..
- Academic Search Complete - articles Video Tutorial
- Science & Technology Collection - articles
- Vocational and Career Collection - articles Video Tutorial
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.