Construction & Building Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
A good starting point for construction and building research are the following reference books, which are located on the third floor of the library.
- International Building Code (2015)
- International Residential Code (2015)
- International Energy Conservation Code (2015)
- International Fire Code (2015)
- National Electrical Code Handbook (2014)
City of Houston Building Codes, Amendments, and Information
- Houston Amendments & Code Related Documents
- 2014 City of Houston Codes - A list of the adopted codes (PDF document)
- United States Access Board
- ADA Standards for Accessible Design - Code of Federal Regulations (PDF document)
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Advanced Materials and Processes (1996 to present)
- ARUP Journal (2008 t present) (open access)
- Builder Online (2001 to present) (open access)
- Building Design & Construction (2008 to present) (open access)
- Building Economist (008 to present)
- Building Research and Information (1997 to present with 18 month embargo)
- Building Services Engineering Research & Technology (2001 to present)
- Buildings (1996 to present)
- Construction Management and Economics (1983 to present with 18 month embargo)
- Environmental Design & Construction (2002 to present)
- Harwood Floors Magazine (2008 to present)
- Kitchen and Bath Business(2002 to present)
- Lean Construction Journal(2008 to present)
- Old House Journal (2010 to present)
- Qualified Remodeler (2004 to present)
- This Old House (2001 to present)
Find e-books, streaming videos, and articles from magazines, newspapers, and journals. Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form..
- Academic Search Complete - articles Video Tutorial
- Science & Technology Collection - articles
- Vocational and Career Collection - articles Video Tutorial
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.