Engineering Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- computer aided design or CAD
- metals and mechanical properties
- shape memory alloys
- steel alloys (different steel alloys [nickel, aluminum, carbon, iron, etc.] and their properties)
- engineering materials
- Engineered Materials Handbook REF 403.4 .E64 1995
- Machinery's Handbook REF TJ 151 .M3
- Materials Handbook REF TA 403 M3
- McGraw-Hill Machining and Metalworking Handbook Circulating
- Metals Black Book: Ferrous Metals REF in Stacks TA464 M483 1995
- Metals Red Book: Nonferrous Metals REF in Stacks TN693.N6 M483 1993
- McGraw-Hill's Engineering Companion
- Heat Exchanger Design Handbook
- Building Construction Handbook
- Physical Metallurgy of Thermomechanical Treatment of Structural Steels
- Encyclopedia of the History of Technology
- Alloying Liquid Metal with Nitrogen from Electric Arc Plasma
- Steel Heat Treatment Handbook
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Introduction to Manufacturing Processes and Materials
- Composite Construction
- Dispersion-strengthened Aluminum Prepared by Mechanical Alloying
- Academic Search Complete - academic articles from multiple subjects
- Business Source Complete - company and industry reports
- Science & Technology Collection - academic articles in the sciences, including materials science
- Vocational & Career Collection - industry related periodicals
Featured Journals & Trade Publications
- Advanced Materials & Processes
- Advanced Materials Letters
- Advances in Civil Engineering Open Access
- Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Advanced Materials & Processes
- Advances in Materials Science Open Access
- Advances in Materials Science & Engineering
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering Open Access
- Advances in Structural Engineering
- American Journal of Engineering & Applied Sciences
- Architectural Engineering & Design Management
- Archives of Civil & Mechanical Engineering
- Asian Journal of Industrial Engineering
- Cadalyst Open Access
- Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Dimension
- Computer-Aided Civil & Infrastructure Engineering (1 year embargo)
- Computer-Aided Design & Applications
- Cutting Tool Engineering Open Access
- Design News Trade Publication
- Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering Open Access
- Engineer & the Machinery Magazine
- Engineering Design Graphics Journal
- Fatigue &Fracture Materials & Structures (18 month embargo)
- Heat Transfer Engineering (18 month embargo)
- Journal of Materials Science (1 year embargo)
- Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering (1 year embargo)
- Machine Design
- Machining Science & Technology (18 month embargo)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Modern Machine Shop
- Nondestructive Testing & Evaluation (18 month embargo)
- Open Mechanical Engineering Journal
- Power Engineering Trade Publication
- Professional Engineering Trade Publication
- Polymers & Polymer Composites
- Strength of Materials (12 month embargo)
Company & Industry Reports
Search Business Source Complete to find a variety of business, company, and industry reports.
Featured SWOTs (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats):
- Autodesk, Inc. SWOT Analysis
- Dassault Systemes SWOT Analysis
- Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC)
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?