Job Search Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Job & Career Accelerator
- Job Boards
- Resume Builder
- Cover Letter Builder
- How to Fill Out a Job Application Tutorial
- Job Interview Tutorials
- Business Source Complete - Find company and industry reports. This will give you an edge in your resume, cover letter, and interview.
- Use free library books/e-books and streaming videos to help you perfect your resume, cover letter, and interviewing skills. You can borrow books from our current collection on various topics.
Job Search Sites
- I Got My Dream Job and So Can You
- Job Hunting: A Practical Manual for Job-hunters and Career-Changers
- Engineering Technicians: Job Hunting
- Best Resumes for College Students and New Grads
- Resume and Cover Letter Phrase Book
- Find a Job Through Social Networking: Use LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, and More to Advance Your Career
- 100 Conversations for Career Success: Learn to Tweet, Cold Call, and Network Your Way to Your Dream Job
Multi-subject electronic book collection (Video tutorial)
Most books about job search skills and strategies are located in the HF5000 section, on the third floor of the library.
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "Place Hold" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Additional Job Sites
- JobHunt: A Meta-list of On-Line Job-Search Resources and Services
- Monster the best-known job guide online
- The Riley Guide - Employment Opportunities and Job Resources on the Internet
- Texas Workforce Commission page for Job Seekers
- USAJOBS - job site of the United States federal government
- AnnualReports.com - The most complete and up-to-date listing of Annual Reports and related financial information online.
- EDGAR - the Electronic Data Gathering, Analysis, and Retrieval system, performs automated collection, validation, indexing, acceptance, and forwarding of submissions by companies and others who are required by law to file forms with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- Employment Background Checks: A Jobseeker's Guide (from the Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, "a nonprofit consumer advocacy program, originally established in 1992 at the University of San Diego Center for Public Interest Law")
- Enforcement Guidance: Pre-employment Disability- Related Questions and Medical Examinations (from The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) provides questions employers may ask about disabilities before and after a job offer is made.
Find associations, councils, societies, and organizations in your trade or industry. Such organizations can help you stay informed about trends in your industry, legislation, continuing education, required and/or recommended certifications, employment, business leads for your small business marketing and networking.
Encyclopedia of Associations - Reference HS17 .G334 2002 3 Vols.