Macroeconomics Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
U.S. Government Business and Economy Internet sites.
Find thousands of business articles, including reports.
Contains thousands of articles, from multiple publishers, on almost all subjects. (Video Tutorial)
Additional Web sites within the LSC-North Harris Library site:
- LSC-North Harris Library's Internet Countries and Cultures.
- The Economist/Countries - lists countries including economic and background information. Up to date.
- U.S. Government Business and Economy Internet sites.
Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.
Government Periodicals related to Business
Advanced Report on Durable Goods Manufacturers' Shipments and Orders SuDoc No. C 3.158/2:M 3-1
Commerce Business Daily SuDoc No. C 1.76:
Compensation and Working Conditions SuDoc No. L 2.44/4:
Current Business Reports. BR Monthly Retail Trade Sales and Inventories SuDoc No. C 3.138/3:
Current Construction Report. C25 New One Family Houses Sold SuDoc No. C 3.215/9:C 25
http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS1499 back issues only
Current Construction Reports. C40 Housing Units Authorized by Building Permits SuDoc No. C 3.215/4:C 40-
Economic Indicators SuDoc No. y 4.EC 7:EC 7/
FDIC Consumer News: News and Information on Consumer Issues from the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation SuDoc No. Y 3.F 31/8:24/
http://purl.access.gpo.gov/GPO/LPS806 Current issue
Monthly Product Announcement SuDoc No. C 3.163/7:
Monthly Statement of the Public Debt of the United States SuDoc No. T 63.215:
News. The Consumer Price Index SuDoc No. L 2.38/3-2:
News. The Employment Situation SuDoc No. L 2.53/2:
Occupational Outlook Quarterly SuDoc No. L 2.70/4:
PPI Detailed Report Producer Price Index SuDoc No. L 2.61:
Reports and Testimony Government Accounting Office SuDoc No. GA 1.16/3:
Small Business Advocate SuDoc No. SBA 1.51:
Social Security Bulletin SuDoc No. SSA 1.22:
U S Export Sales SuDoc No. A 67.40:
Multi-subject electronic book collection (Video tutorial)
Library Catalog to search for books.
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "Place Hold" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Business and Economics
- CIA World Fact Book is prepared by the Central Intelligence Agency for the use of US Government officials for use when working with foreign countries.
- International Business Forum provides information about business opportunities in the international marketplace. It is intended for companies wishing to export or expand into foreign markets as well as for those interested to acquire products and services from other countries.
- Executive Planet contains Business Culture Guides essential business culture knowledge for the business traveler.
- International Business Resource Connection provides information on international business and trade resources. This site caters toward small and medium sized businesses interested in expanding internationally.
- Virtual International Business & Economic Sources (VIBES) provides over 1,600 links to Internet sources of international business and economic information that are in English and available free of charge.
- University of California at Berkeley Library's Internet resources in Business.
- University of Pennsylvania Library's International Business FAQ site.
- Global Exchange is a nonprofit research, education, and action center dedicated to promoting people-to-people ties around the world.
- International Monetary Fund was established to promote international monetary cooperation, exchange stability, and orderly exchange arrangements; to foster economic growth and high levels of employment; and to provide temporary financial assistance to countries to help ease balance of payments adjustment.
- World Bank Group uses its financial resources, highly trained staff, and extensive knowledge base to help each developing country onto a path of stable, sustainable, and equitable growth in the fight against poverty.
- World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations.
Do my sources pass the CRAP test?
Each of my sources are:
- Reliable & Relevant
- Authoritative & Accurate
- Proper Purpose & Point-of-view
See video tutorials:
Video Introduction to APA (7 min)
- APA Herding Cats Sample Paper 2014
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (includes in-text citations and references) (Purdue OWL)
- Diana Hacker's Social Sciences (Bedford/St. Martin's)
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice (Monica Norem)
Formatting a Research Paper in Microsoft Word