Choosing a Major Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about possible college majors.
- Brainstorm for keywords. Keywords represent the main concepts of your topic.
- Browse these resources for ideas:
Multi-subject electronic book collection (Video tutorial)
These e-books can be read on your computer
Library Catalog to search for books.
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "Place Hold" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Do my sources pass the CRAP test?
Each of my sources are:
- Reliable & Relevant
- Authoritative & Accurate
- Proper Purpose & Point-of-view
See video tutorials:
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?