| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Choosing a Major Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about possible college majors.
- Brainstorm for keywords. Keywords represent the main concepts of your topic.
- Browse these resources for ideas:
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
These books are available for check out from the LSC-North Harris Library
These e-books can be read on your computer
Use eBook Collection to find additional electronic books. Video Tutorial
These web sites may be helpful in deciding which major is right for you.
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?