Choosing a Major Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about possible college majors.
- Brainstorm for keywords. Keywords represent the main concepts of your topic.
- Browse these resources for ideas:
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
These e-books can be read on your computer
These web sites may be helpful in deciding which major is right for you.
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?