| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Market Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- name of a company/competitor: Frito Lay
- name of a product/brand: Lays Potato Chips
- industry: 311919 "other snack food manufacturing"
- demographics (to help you determine location/marketing stragety for your product)
|Find company contact information, and company reports (filings, key facts, employees, major products, revenue, SWOT, top competitors, locations, subsidiaries).
||Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.|
Find Company Reports
Find News Articles and Additional Databasases
For additional business databases see Research Databases: Business
Located on the third floor of the library.
Find Company Information
- D&B Regional Business Directory - Houston Area REF HG 4058 .H68 D86 2011
- Hoover's Handbook of American Business REF HG4057 .A28617
Find Trade Associations
- Encyclopedia of Associations REF HS17 .G334 - includes contact information including Web site addresses
Demographics and Additional Statistical Information
Identify your potential customers by location. Learn basic demographic information to target your marketing campaing.
ZIP Codes in North Houston and Montgomery County:
- Aldine-North Loop-Greenspoint —77016, 022, 026, 028, 032, 037, 038, 039, 050, 060, 073, 076, 078, 086, 088, 091, 093, 396
- FM 1960-Spring-Klein —77014, 066, 067, 068, 090, 373, 379, 388, 389
- Humble-Atascocita-Northeast —77336, 337, 338, 346, 347, 357, 358, 365, 372, 390, 391, 396
- Northwest-Cy-Fair —77040, 041, 064, 065, 069, 070, 095, 429, 433, 447, 484
- Tomball-Magnolia —77353, 354, 355, 362, 375
- South Montgomery County —77380, 381, 382, 384, 385, 386
- North Montgomery County -- 77301, 302, 303, 304, 305, 306, 327, 328, 333, 356, 378
Industry Classification Codes
- Keep track of all of the information and sources you used during your research.
- Ask your professor about the required citation style.
- Consult Citation Help Guide from LSC-North Harris Library to help you construct your citations.
Each citation should answer the questions:
- Who wrote the material you are using?
- What did the author(s) entitle the piece he/she/they wrote?
- Where and when was it published (for a book, what city; for an article, which periodical)?
- If it's an article or a chapter, what pages is your source on?