Model United Nations Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
There are a number of resources available for Model UN students to search their countries.
International Information - Site includes United Nations and other international organizational sites. It also includes federal sites for international information.
(Be sure to check the Country Information at the bottom of the page, which also includes treaties and agreements)
United Nations links to organizations and Committees Republic of Poland (Includes Guiding Principles of Foreign Policy) Permanent Mission of the Republic of Poland Countries & Cultures Research Guide
- Embassy of the Republic of Poland, Washington D. C. - Contains links to latest news and downloads
- NationMaster: World Statistics and Country Comparisons - massive central data source and a handy way to graphically compare nations
- Poland - Ministry of Sport and Tourism
- Poland's Official Travel Website
- The Economist - Poland
- General Statistics for Poland- These statistics are from Worldbank.org. Also check CountryWatch.
- Central Statistical Office of Poland - Information Portal
Research Database Information
If you are off campus, you will need your library borrower card number to access these sites.
CountryWatch (LSC-North Harris only)
(CountryWatch, Inc.) Provides news, geographical, political, economic, and cultural information and maps on each of the 194 countries of the world.
Academic Search Complete
(EBSCO) Full text of articles from journals, magazines and newspapers, plus image collections.
LexisNexis Academic New!
(LexisNexis) Contains laws and court rulings as well as law reviews and legal analysis for state and federal courts; full-text U.S. and world news articles, magazines, and journals; and company profiles for private and public businesses.
New Poland Express (NPE): Polish News and Entertainment
The Warsaw Voice online
The Telegraph (UK) Poland News
- Background Notes from the U.S. Department of State See also Background Notes archives.
- CIA World Factbook - country overview from the Central Intelligence Agency
- Country Studies Area Handbooks from the Library of Congress
- Global Gateway - from the Library of Congress
- Lonely Planet Travel Guides
- Scroll down the page to "Find a Country."
- Click on the country.
- The Economist/Countries - lists countries including economic and background information. Up to date.
- UNESCO Photobank (10,000 digitized images including cultural topics from the United Nations - allows searching by country)
Additional Model UN links
National Model United Nations site. (New York)
Bookmark & ShareXClose AddThis Expanded Menu