Professional Office Tech Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- business English
- office procedures
Find articles, company reports, industry reports , and more. (Video Tutorial)
Includes company profiles and news sources, along with legal information. (Video tutorial)
Contains thousands of articles, from multiple publishers, on almost all subjects. (Video Tutorial)
See Research Databases: Business for additional resources.
Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.
Multi-subject electronic book collection (Video tutorial)
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "Place Hold" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
- Countries and Cultures - find resources for cultural comparison research
- Business - find resources for "starting a business" research
- Careers and Job Search - find sources for conducting a career research