| Research Guides
| Research Guides - North Harris
Psychology Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
- Think about your topic and what are you trying to answer. Terms? People? Organizations? Places? Objects?
- List terms that best represent the main concepts of your topic.
- eating disorders
- eating disorders and women
- anorexia and women
- STAT!Ref. Search the left-hand column for the title Goodwin and Guze's Psychiatric Diagnosis - 6th Ed. (2010)
- MedlinePlus Mental Health and Behavior Topics
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Located on the third floor of the library.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - (DSM-IV) - RC455.2 C4 D536 2000
- Encyclopedia of Psychology - BF31.E52 2000
- Mental Disorders of the New Millennium - RC454 .M462 2006
- Mood Disorders: A Handbook of Science and Practice - RC537 .M6627 2004
- Digital Librarian / Psychology - includes a large collection of related sites organized by a New York librarian.
- American Psychological Association - a scientific and professional organization that represents psychologists in the United States. Click on the "Psychology Topics" tab for information and news about mental health and psychological issues.
- American Psychiatric Association - a professional association that represents psychiatrists in the United States. Click on "Mental Health" in the horizontal bar for information about various disorders.
- MayoClinic.com, updated daily, sponsored by the noted Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, provides health updates and preventative care information.
- MedlinePlus - a database maintained by the NIH's National Library of Medicine, it offers much of its content in Spanish and other languages as well as English
- Mental Health Net - Listing of mental disorders with symptoms and treatment.
- NIH (National Institutes of Health) - Connect here to get to the many institutes that fall under the jurisdiction of the NIH. Specialty sites for various diseases and disorders offer a rich repository of information. Use the NIH search engine to find specific information.
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) - the NIH institute concerned with mentl health and related issues. Much of the site has information about various diagnoses, disorders, and problems.
- Psych Web - Comprehensive psychology site for teachers and students.
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Health related data and information.
APA Format Guides
Formatting a Research Paper in Microsoft Word