Psychology Research Guide - LSC-North Harris
This page is used by Professor Baskin's and others students.
- MedlinePlus Mental Health and Behavior Topics
- STAT!Ref (Healthcare) (LSCS Libraries) NOTE: 1 user per book at a time
(Teton Data Systems) Full-text electronic medical library; over 35 titles including CPT, ICD-9-CM, Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment, Burket's Oral Medicine, and Detailed Drug Information for the Consumer™ reference books. For information on mobile access (via Apple, Android and Blackberry), refer to STAT!Ref under Mobile Apps. Choose Goodwin and Guze's Psychiatric Diagnosis - 6th Ed. (2010)
|Find e-books, streaming videos, and articles from journals.||Use your 14-digit library barcode number for off-campus access (the number is on the back of your student ID). Don't have an ID? Get one from the library. Distance students can fill out the online request form.|
Find books, e-books, DVDs, and more.
Use the Library Catalog
- Enter search terms.
- Browse search results and click on the title to view the detailed item record.
- Scroll to the bottom for availability, collection, location, and call number.
- To find the book on the shelf you will need the complete call number.
- To request a book from another location, click "request first available copy" then type in your library barcode number and your PIN.
Library Catalog Video Tutorials
Ready Reference Books
Located on the third floor of the library.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - (DSM-IV) and DSM-5 at the Reference Desk
- Encyclopedia of Psychology - BF31.E52 2000
- Mood Disorders: A Handbook of Science and Practice - RC537 .M6627 2004
- Handbook of Personality Disorders - RC554 .H36 2001
- Digital Librarian / Psychology - includes a large collection of related sites organized by a New York librarian.
- American Psychological Association - a scientific and professional organization that represents psychologists in the United States. Click on the "Psychology Topics" tab for information and news about mental health and psychological issues.
- American Psychiatric Association - a professional association that represents psychiatrists in the United States. Click on "Mental Health" in the horizontal bar for information about various disorders.
- MedlinePlus - a database maintained by the NIH's National Library of Medicine, it offers much of its content in Spanish and other languages as well as English
- Mental Health Net - Listing of mental disorders with symptoms and treatment.
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health) - the NIH institute concerned with mentl health and related issues. Much of the site has information about various diagnoses, disorders, and problems.
- Psych Web - Comprehensive psychology site for teachers and students.
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Health related data and information.
- APA Herding Cats Sample Paper 2014
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (includes in-text citations and references) (Purdue OWL)
- Diana Hacker's Social Sciences (Bedford/St. Martin's)
- APA Citation - In-Text & References Interactive Practice (Monica Norem)