Submit Your Entry with the Student Research Tips Contest Entry Form
Prize Increased to $50 Gift Card!
Purpose of the Awards:
To recognize student researchers in their efforts to locate, evaluate, and select quality information using techniques and tips that save time and effort.
One $50 gift card to the LSC-CyFair campus bookstore for each semester listed.
November 1 (notification by email no later than November 15) - Fall 2012
April 1 (notification by email no later than April 15) - Spring 2013
- All fall semester 2012 full-time or part-time LSC-CyFair students for the fall contest.
- All spring semester 2013 full-time or part-time LSC-CyFair students for the spring contest.
- Only one tip and explanation per person may be entered into each of the fall 2012 and spring 2013 contests.
- All entries become the property of Lone Star College System (LSCS).
- All entries are subject to being listed with the entrant's name on the LSCS library website, LSC-CyFair Branch Library Facebook page, or in a library display.
- Any prize awarded for the fall 2012 semester must be claimed no later than December 28, 2012 or it will be forfeited. Any prize awarded for the spring 2013 semester must be claimed no later than May 31, 2013.
- You will be asked for identification in order to claim your prize.
The tip and explanation demonstrating the use of the tip will be judged on:
- Specific details that display the value to other students for academic, personal, and/or professional research.
- Creativity, skill, or innovation in application of the tip.
- Clarity and brevity in the explanation.
- Correct spelling and grammar.
All entries will be reviewed and one will be selected by LSC-CyFair Branch Librarians in fall 2012 and spring 2013 and spring using the criteria previously listed.
Contact the LSC-CyFair Library: chat | e-mail | voice - 281.290.3214 | text - 832.463.0478
Maintained by: M.Norem-Reference Librarian