United States: Business/Economy
Corporate & Industry Resources
Corporate and Industry Resources
- Edgar: Database of Corporate Information
- North American Industry Classification: NAICS - new economic classification system which will replace the Standard Industrial Code (SIC).
- Securities & Exchange Commission
- Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Search - from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- US Patent and Trademark Office - from the Commerce Department.
- Budget for United States Government - access provided by Government Printing Office from 1996 to present.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis - provides national, industry, international, and regional data.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - find statistics on a wide range of economic topics, including inflation, employment, productivity and wages.
- Consumer Price Index - access "monthly data on changes in the prices paid by urban consumers for a representative basket of goods and services."
- County Business Patterns - provides economic data by industry from 1993 to present. Site is maintained by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Economic Indicators - available from 1998 to present. Site sponsored by Federal Digital System.
- Economic Report of the President - available from 1995 to present. Site includes a link to Changing America: Indicators of Social and Economic Well-Being by Race and Hispanic Origin.
- Council of Economic Advisors: Reports from the White House.
- Houston Business - publication of the Houston Branch of the Dallas Federal Reserve provides insight into the regional economy of Houston.
- Recovery Act Recipient Reports Database - FedSpending.org
- Business Center - U.S. State Department site includes Background Notes for foreign countries; diplomatic list; Foreign Per Diem rates; and U.S. business opportunities overseas.
- Commercial News USA - U.S. exporters by name and product and U.S. export opportunities.
- International Trade Administration - trade statistics, general foreign import needs, and export assistance.
- NAFTA North American Free Trade Agreement - from the U.S. customs and border protection service, this source is aimed at the importer, exporter or producer with some knowledge of basic entry procedures for importing commercial goods into a country but who has specific questions on NAFTA procedures.
- U.S. Customs: Importing & Exporting - includes overview of issues, forms, and regulations. Use tabs at top of page.
- U.S. Trade Representative - foreign trade information including the the North Atlantic Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA, and other trade agreements, speeches and Congressional testimony on current trade issues.
- Citizen Gateway: Shopping - access government auctions and sales via USA.gov web site.
- FedBizOpps - the single government point-of-entry for federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) replaces Commerce Business Daily.
- SAM (System for Award Management) - the official U.S. Government system that consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLA. No fee to register.
- Business Gateway - wide range of business resources from the USA.gov web portal.
- Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations - database containing wage determinations issued by the Department of Labor under the Davis-Bacon and related Acts by county. The Wage and Hour Division of the Labor Department determines prevailing wage rates to be paid on federally funded construction projects.
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Loans - Interactive database with loan information arranged by geographic region.
- U.S. Business Advisor - contains resources targeting the needs of a small business.
- Internal Revenue Service
- IRS Forms and Publications - retrieve IRS forms, instructions, and publications for current and prior years. Site also links to state tax forms.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!
|281 618.5707 mailto:nh-askalibrarian@LoneStar.eduu|
Maintained by: V. Rigby, Reference/Government Information Librarian vrigby@LoneStar.edu