Consumer Information Catalog
- full text consumer information pamphlets from government agencies. Covers everything from health to housing, from cars to careers.
- Consumer Product Safety Commission - consumer Product Safety Commission, an independent Federal regulatory agency, helps keep American families safe by reducing the risk of injury or death from consumer products. List of Recent Recalls.
- Consumer Protection - Federal Trade Commission's collection of consumer information.
- Federal Register Notices - consumer related notices appearing in the daily Federal Register.
- Recall lists - Online Resource for product recalls: includes vehicles, food, medicine, consumer products, etc.
- Internet Crime Complaint Center - sponsored by a joint partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), Attorney General Janet Reno described this site as providing "a clearinghouse for the exploding number of online thefts." Consumers who suspect Internet fraud can quickly and efficiently share information with law enforcement officials.
Buying a Safer Car
- National Highway Transportation Association site provides safety and recall information.
- Green Vehicle Guide - provides tools to help consumers choose fuel-efficient and clean vehicles.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance - contains information about government sponsored loans, grants, scholarships and other federal assistance programs.
- Shop: The Card You Pick Can Save You Money - Federal Reserve's listing of information to know when selecting a credit card. Site includes definition of terms, a credit card owner's checklist, and a survey of credit card plans. The survey includes annual percentage rate, number of days in grace period, annual fee, and telephone number for the largest credit card issuers.
- Welcome to Naturalization- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services provides guide to naturalization and naturalization forms.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) - public health agency, charged with protecting American consumers by enforcing the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act and several related public health laws.
- Healthfinder - maintained by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this website is a health related gateway to federal web sites and those set up by states, local governments, universities and not-for-profit groups.
- Medicare and Medicaid - Information about these federally funded health programs. (For Texas Medicaid, see http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/medicaid/)
- econsumer.gov - launched to aid in the battle against online fraud, eConsumer is a joint effort between 13 world governments, including the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, and Mexico.