United States: Education
Agency web sites
ERICThe Educational Resources Information Center (ERIC) is a national system dedicated to providing access to an extensive body of education literature. Established in 1964, ERIC is supported by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Educational Research and Improvement and is administered by the National Library of Education. Currently, over one million database citations may be found in its database.
- ERIC Digests - search short reports on topics of current interest in education.
- Education Reports from ERIC Find reports on federally funded education research topics from the U.S. Department of Education's Educational Resources Information Center. Reports on GPO Access begin with those received in October 2002.
- Finding Out About Financial Aid - Department of Education's Student Financial Assistance Program
- Student Guide: Financial Aid from the U.S. Department of Education - annual comprehensive guide to student aid from the federal government.
- FAFSA - fill out a Free Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) on the web!
Publications and Reports
- Subject Index for the NCES - National Center for Education Statistics.
- Condition of Education: 2010 - annual report to Congress containing 49 indicators concerning the condition of education.
- Digest of Educational Statistics
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety, 2010 - analyzes national data from several sources on crimes committed in schools and to and from schools.
- The Nation's Report Card - since 1969, the National Assessment of Educational Progress, also known as "the Nation's Report Card," has assessed the academic performance of fourth, eighth, and twelfth graders in a range of subjects
- National Center for Educational Statistics - provides facts and figures about the condition of education in the United States.
- NCES Fast Facts - collection of frequently requested statistics arranged by education level.
- National Public School and School District Locator - enable user to find the correct name, address, telephone number, NCES ID number, and other student and teacher information for public schools or school districts as reported to the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) by state education officials in each state.
- Gateway to Educational Resources - access lesson plans, curriculum units, and other educational resources.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!
Maintained by: V. Rigby, Reference/Government Information Librarian vrigby@LoneStar.edu