United States: Electoral College
- Electoral College - from the National Archives and Records Administration's Office of the Federal Register, which coordinates the functions of the Electoral College on behalf of the American people. Site provides a collection of statistics and information about past and present presidential elections and an electoral college calculator.
- The Electoral College: How it Works in Contemporary Presidential Elections - a Congressional Research Service publication, authored by analyst Thomas H. Neale, detailing the workings of the electoral college.
- Electoral College: How States Select Electors - NARA faq page explaining how electors are chosen, whether names appear on the ballot, and whether they are bound by law to vote for candidate receiving popular vote.
- How the Electoral College Works - explanation from ABC News
- U.S. Electoral College Calculator - in addition to an explanation of what the electoral college is, this site allows user to project election outcomes.
- A Brief History of the Electoral College - from the Federal Election Commission, source includes pros and cons of the electoral college process (20 page document in PDF format).
- ElectionCentral: A History of Presidential Elections - HistoryCentral.com's user-friendly explanation of election history.
- Federalist Papers #68 - Alexander Hamilton's explanation of how presidents are chosen.
- U.S. Congressional Documents: Presidential Elections and the Electoral College - from the Library of Congress's American Memory: A Century of Lawmaking for a New Nation: US Congressional Documents and Debates 1774-1873.
- The Distribution of Electoral College Votes - displays a table showing electoral college vote distribution amongst states in 1981-1990, 1991-2000 and 2001-2010.
- Election Statistics - a collection of official vote counts for federal elections from states and terrritories from 1920 to 2010. Site is maintained the Clerk of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!