| Help with Research
| Government Information
| Federal Information
United States: Political Action Committees
Political Action Groups
- American Association of Retired People - the AARP is recognized as the leading voice for older Americans, regularly monitoring the concerns and opinions of its members and drafting legislative policy that reflects those concerns.
- American Civil Liberties Union - monitor civil rights and liberties at this site.
- Brookings Institute - a liberal think tank. This site features full-text studies, policy briefs and links to other research sites.
- Cato Institute - a libertarian think tank.
- Hoover Institution -- a conservative think tank.
- Center for Democracy and Technology - this group's mission is to develop public policies that preserve and advance democratic values and constitutional civil liberties on the Internet and other interactive communications media. This interactive site encourages you to sign up to be a watchdog and lobby your member of Congress.
- Citizens Against Government Waste - nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, mismanagement, and inefficiency in the federal government.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving - drunk drivers beware!
- People for the American Way - a national liberal group that monitors the political action of conservative groups.
- Privacy Rights Clearinghouse - dedicated to raising consumers'awareness of how technology affects personal privacy and to helping consumers learn how to protect their personal privacy.
- Sierra Club - one of the oldest and best organized environmental groups in the nation. Visit to find links about the state of the earth's environment.
- Brady Campaign -- organization that advocates gun control.
- National Rifle Association -- organization that advocates gun rights.
- CQ Moneyline - a comprehensive, non-partisan Federal candidate campaign money page detailing political campaign contributions searchable by name, state, Political Action Committee, or individual.
- News Meat -- a campaign donor search engine.
- Federal Election Commission - summary of receipts and disbursements of Presidential and all Congressional candidates.
Need Help?? - Contact Us!!
Maintained by: V. Rigby, Reference/Government Information Librarian vrigby@LoneStar.edu