LSC-Online will transition from Blackboard Vista to Angel Learning. The Summer pilot is underway. Faculty and student orientations to Angel, as well as workshops are now available.
Learning Management System
Implementation and Training Update
Along with the Office of Technology Services personnel, Lone Star College-Online staff recently met with ANGEL Learning representatives to determine the process for setting up the new system to best meet Lone Star College System (LSCS) needs. A series of meetings have been scheduled to continue with the implementation process.
- Summer I and II, 2009 – identified faculty attended one-day training on the ANGEL Learning System in June along with LSC-Online and campus professional development staff.
- Students: announcements will be posted on the LSC-Online Web site for students as a “countdown to the new LMS launch” with login and course information.
- A basic Student Orientation is available in the new system for the pilot students.
- June, 2009 – Faculty Orientation for Online Teaching (formerly certification training) is available and required for all faculty teaching an online or hybrid class. Additional details are provided on the Intranet site: intranet.lonestar.edu – LSC-Online Publications and Tools, Teaching Online Guidelines.
- Fall 2009 – Campus deans recommend faculty to teach online using ANGEL.
- December, 2009 – all online and hybrid courses will be conducted in the ANGEL Learning System in the December mini-mester.
Moving Courses from Blackboard to ANGEL Learning (migration)
LSC-Online is working with campus deans to gather information on courses that need to be migrated. We have established a process to collect this information which will enable us to refine the migration process. From July through November of 2009, we will work with ANGEL Learning representatives to ensure all existing online and hybrid courses are moved to the new system.
Training update – check MyWorkshops for a training near you.
New Initiative Announced
The Quality Matters Program (http://qualitymatters.org/) is being implemented system-wide, and faculty can begin getting involved. LSC-Online recently presented an overview of the program at the Deans’ Council meeting and received the council’s full support. The Quality Matters rubric is posted on the Intranet site: intranet.lonestar.edu – Click on the Faculty Resources link to the Announcement Page, then follow the instructions posted if you wish to view the rubric. For more information on Quality Matters, contact Emelyn.C.Stalnaker@LoneStar.edu, Samita.Ghoshal@LoneStar.edu, or Cheryl.R.Smith@LoneStar.edu.