The Business Training Institute will be offering open enrollment courses beginning this fall. The courses address a variety of complex topics faced by our small business community. Take two hours out of your busy day to invest in yourself or your employees. What will make you stand out?
Each of the two-hour courses listed below will be offered twice throughout the semester. For more information and schedule details contact Frances Andrews at 281-312-1473 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Glad I Could Help: Real Customer Service Situations for Discussion
- Provides techniques for staying calm when dealing with angry customers
- Shows a variety of ways to defuse anger and respond to complaints
- Trains employees in resolving issues with unhappy customers
Johnny the Bagger: A True Story of Customer Service
- Generates customer loyalty
- Improves employee retention
- Increases personal motivation
- Strengthens team morale
Everybody Wins: How to Turn Conflict into Collaboration
- Presents the causes of and reasons for workplace conflict
- Showcases the three most common conflict situations
- Teaches the use of the Everybody Wins approach in the workplace
Peer Today, Boss Tomorrow: Navigating Your Changing Role
- Reflects the mixed feelings involved in moving from a peer to a boss
- Outlines four strategies to help new managers make successful transitions
- Helps new managers address their evolving relationships with colleagues
The Courage to Coach
- Trains supervisors in how to start effective coaching conversations
- Provides a four-step coaching method applicable to any situation
- Equips supervisors to address employee attitudes as well as performance
The Right Side of the Line: Creating a Respectful and Harassment-Free Workplace
- Specifies all forms of harassment
- Teaches acceptable ways to deal with harassment issues
- Meets compliance standards for harassment prevention training
Today's rapidly changing workplace means that employees are required to use and understand increasingly more complex systems to efficiently perform their jobs which require continuous training to stay up-to-date on the latest technology and management related skills.
The Business Training Institute provides quick and efficient training solutions and can design affordable instruction which will increase organizational effectiveness and enhance job skills and performance. We offer customized workforce training in five major areas: Communication, Computers, Languages, Leadership and Technical.
The Lone Star College-Kingwood Business Training Institute works closely with business and industry in Harris, Montgomery and Liberty Counties with one goal in mind - to help improve performance. We have the commitment of people and resources to add value to your business. These services can be conducted at your site, on your schedule and specialized to meet your needs.
We want to become your on-site training department, or help the training professionals you already have on staff. Our training is high quality, affordable and packed with information, techniques and tools that will prepare supervisors and individual contributors with skills that will increase productivity and improve organizational profitability.
The Lone Star College System is among the largest and fastest growing community college districts in Texas. It comprises Lone Star College-North Harris, Lone Star College-Kingwood, Lone Star College–Tomball, Lone Star College–Montgomery, Lone Star College–CyFair, six satellite centers and The University Center. For more information about Lone Star College System and its programs, visit www.lonestar.edu or call 832-813-6500.