Published on: May 19, 2010Maximize the success of your business! Learn everything from the newest web resources to nuts-and-bolts market research in six free summer seminars at Lone Star College-CyFair.
Seminars will cover creating Facebook business accounts, exploring web tools for project collaboration, finding demographics using the web, searching library databases to create potential client lists, promoting business with online marketing and learning about search engine optimization. No sign up is required and there will be door prizes.
The free weekly business success seminars will be held Tuesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. June 8 through July 20 (except July 6) in the library, room 215, on the Barker Cypress campus at 9191 Barker Cypress.
• Tuesday, June 8 – Facebook - Has the internet left you in the dust? Ever wonder how other companies build a presence on Facebook? Learn how to set up your own business Facebook account. Presenter: Barbara Doughty, BS, Advertising.
• Tuesday, June 15 – Virtual Project Collaboration - Discover the powerful web tools of project management and communication. Google Docs, virtual storage and wikis will be explored. Presenters: Tracy Williams, Technology Librarian, MLS, LSC-CyFair and Claire Gunnels, Assistant Library Director, LSC-CyFair, MS, CFP.
• Tuesday, June 22 – Mine the Web for Demographics - What is the average income in your business area? What are the ages, gender, ethnicity? Presenter: Virginia Rigby, Government Documents Librarian, LSC-North Harris, MLS.
• Tuesday, June 29 - Create Potential Client Lists - Master the use of Reference USA, a large database of businesses and customers. Identify your competitors within a radius and find corporate intelligence using library databases. Presenter: Susan Green, Librarian, LSC-CyFair, MLS, MBA.
• Tuesday, July 13 – Online Marketing Applications - Learn how to promote your business using e-newsletters and marketing campaigns using social media and more. Presenter: Siva Yenneti, Director, ITVibes.
• Tuesday, July 20 – Search Engine Optimization - Analyze business web sites and blogs to see best practices on how to be one of the top hits when your clients search for your product or service. Presenter: Siva Yenneti, Director, ITVibes.
In addition to this summer series, check out Lone Star College System’s Corporate College for assistance in developing relevant training solutions; LSC-CyFair’s Entrepreneurship Certificate Program offered through Continuing Education to launch a business; LSC-CyFair Library’s electronic business resources and software resources; and the Small Business Development Center’s free business management and consulting services.
For information on the summer business success seminar series, which the Small Business Development Center and the LSC-CyFair Branch Library are sponsoring, go to LoneStar.edu/library/business-seminars or call 281.290.3214 or 832.482.1057.