Through Lone Star College System’s new portal, myLoneStar, current and potential students can register for LSC-Kingwood’s spring 2011 semester beginning Nov. 8. Registration for the 16-week semester will continue through Jan. 15. Courses are designed to fit a broad range of academic goals toward certificates, associate degrees or university transfers.
Programs offered in the spring include: Anthropology, Business, Computer Illustration, Digital Publishing I, II and III; Facilities Management, Human Anatomy and Physiology; Kinesiology, Personal Finance, Public Speaking, Welding, foreign languages, Continuing Education courses and more. To ensure the best selection, students are encouraged to register as early as possible before the first day of class on Jan. 18.
The new portal is different from previous systems. Below are key factors that will help students successfully register for classes.
- Students must login to myLoneStar to search for classes and register
- Use your student ID# to get your myLoneStar username or reset your password
- Registration and payment by telephone are no longer available
- Use course subject to search by subject area
- Use course career to search by Credit or Continuing Ed
- Use additional search criteria to search:
- by campus and specific locations (centers)
- for specific class days or times
- for online, mini-mester or late start classes
- Credit or debit cards and online fund transfers only
- Spring 2011 early registration payments are due by Jan. 4, 2011
- After Jan. 4, payments must be made at time of registration
Important Financial Aid Info:
- Pending financial aid applications will not be processed until Jan. 3, 2011
- Your classes from registration will be held open for you until financial aid is processed
- New students should complete the FAFSA to begin new financial aid requests
For more information, updated FAQs and instructions, visit LoneStar.edu/BeReady. For general information about Lone Star College-Kingwood, call 281-312-1600 or visit our Web site at http://lonestar.edu/kingwood.htm
With more than 69,000 students in credit classes for fall 2010, and a total enrollment of more than 85,000, Lone Star College System is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area, and the fastest-growing community college system in Texas. Dr. Richard Carpenter is the chancellor of LSCS, which consists of five colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, and LSC-Tomball, six centers, LSC-University Park, LSC-University Center at Montgomery, LSC-University Center at University Park, Lone Star Corporate College, and LSC-Online. To learn more visit www.LoneStar.edu.