To maximize the success of your business, invest an hour for six weeks in the free Business Success Seminars this spring at Lone Star College-CyFair.
Seminars will cover advice on networking groups, social media and elevator pitches as well as QuickBooks, “knowledge from the trenches” and powerful presentations. No sign up is required and there will be door prizes.
The free weekly Business Success Seminars will be held Wednesdays from 7:45 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. in the library, room 131, on the Barker Cypress campus at 9191 Barker Cypress.
• Wednesday, March 23: The C.E.O.’s of Networking - There are so many groups and meetings, but so little time and money. Mitchell From, founder of My Referral Network and partner at Element Payment Services, helps you determine which networking organizations to join, how many to join and how to work them for maximum effectiveness.
• Wednesday, March 30: QuickBooks for Small Business - Are your books cooked or just well done? Take a crash course in this inexpensive and versatile software. Find out if being your own bookkeeper is for you. Explore the possibilities with leading authority, Deborah Hroch, UH SBDC QuickBooks instructor and owner of Deborah Hroch & Associates, L.L.C.
• Wednesday, April 6: LinkedIn – The Ultimate Business Place in Social Media - Discover your industry peers, get business advice and maybe even gain a client. Siva Yenneti of ITVibes, a web marketing and design company, reveals how using LinkedIn can build your business. It’s all about the connections.
• Wednesday, April 13: Wow, I wish I knew that BEFORE I started my business! - Do you know the #1 (and #2) reasons why most small businesses fail? Do you know what your competitors might do next? Do you know the difference between working IN your business and working ON your business? Gail Lorber, business owner and professor of business and entrepreneurship, presents “knowledge from the trenches” - things that many start-up and small business owners often wished they knew before they took the plunge.
• Wednesday, April 20: The Hidden Power of the Elevator Pitch - Do you ever get frustrated because you’re networking like crazy, but not generating the interest in your products or services that you would like? Breakthrough! Practice and master a short description of yourself and your business to captivate potential clients and customers. Terri Craig, executive director of eWomen Network, leads the way.
• Wednesday, April 27: Beyond the Bullet Point - Don’t just jump into PowerPoint to create your best sales presentation. Learn how to structure an incredible presentation which will have your audience on the edge of their seats and wanting to know more. Jo Tubbs, advertising exec and library reference assistant, returns to help you wow your audience.
In addition to this spring series, check out the LSC-CyFair Library’s electronic business resources and software resources and the Small Business Development Center’s free business management consulting services.
For information on the fall Business Success Seminar series, which the Small Business Development Center and the LSC-CyFair Branch Library are sponsoring, go to LoneStar.edu/library/business-seminars or call 281.290.3214 or 832.482.1057.