Published on: February 04, 2008
LSC-Kingwood can help you prepare your federal income tax return for FREE at the East Montgomery County Improvement District Complex (EMCID) located at 21575 Highway 59 North.
AARP Tax-Aide Service, the nation's largest, free, volunteer-run tax counseling preparation service, will have volunteers on-hand to assist taxpayers on Mondays and Thursdays, beginning Feb. 4 through April 14, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. No age or income requirements to receive this free service.
Attendees are urged to bring the following:
- Current year's tax forms and preparation booklet
- Last year's income tax return
- W-2 forms from each employer
- Unemployment compensation statements
- SSA-1099 form if paid Social Security benefits
- All 1099 forms showing interest, dividends, documentation of original purchase price of sold assets
- 1099-miscellaneous income
- 1099-R for pension or annuity received
- Forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Dependent care provider information including Social Security numbers
- Receipts or canceled checks if itemizing
For information call 281.312.1749 or 281.312.1750.