The Academy holds information sessions for faculty and staff at LSC-Kingwood
Published on: September 14, 2012
The Academy is committed to growing, supporting and celebrating Lone Star College Systemís leaders to prepare them for future service to our students, our communities and the organization.
The Academy will hold two information sessions at LSC-Kingwood:
- Tuesday, September 18
10 - 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, October 3
1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
For more information contact Cecelia Neel, program manager at The.Academy@LoneStar.edu
View testimonials from previous members and their supervisors at http://pdmedia.lonestar.edu/Streams/academy/Impact5.html
- a relevant and engaging curriculum
- strategic coaching, feedback and guidance
- meaningful opportunities for self-discovery, reflection and application
- enriching networking experience aimed at developing the talent found within the Lone Star College System
Fellows must participate in a three-day retreat, ten one-day growth sessions and a two-day field trip. In addition, fellows will also participate in mentoring and coaching experiences and a group project or activity.
Prior preparation will be required for most activities. Fellows will also find The Academy an opportunity to join in some fun with their Lone Star College System colleagues as we grow, support and celebrate the systemís leaders together.
- define their view of the college system within the communities we serve
- establish meaningful networks and/or collaborative partnerships across disciplines, departments, colleges and communities
- enhance their ability to think critically, solve problems and facilitate change
- articulate, advocate and celebrate the rich diversity within our system and community
- collaborate with colleagues to address real challenges and opportunities facing Lone Star College System
- develop and establish a value-driven and ethical framework for leadership
- expand and exhibit their comprehension of leadership, higher education administration and organizational structure
- identify, foster and promote their personal leadership strengths and talents
- lead from where they are