Lone Star College System will be holding open house events in August and September for the Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL), a membership program geared toward adults 50-plus who are looking to continue their educational endeavors.
There are more than 600 classes scheduled for this fall covering a vast array of interests: arts and crafts, gardening skills, photography techniques, health and wellness, technology, genealogy, Tai Chi, Yoga, literary discussion groups and many more.
“These classes are a wonderful opportunity for adults who are interested in expanding their horizons,” said Pat Chandler, system program manager for ALL. “These classes are short-term, non-credit, and last anywhere from a few hours to several weeks and are taught by professionals from the community, many who teach at our campuses, and are experienced in their chosen field, or individuals including ALL members, who simply have interesting skills or hobbies they want share with others.”
A small annual membership fee of $20 (or $35 at LSC-Montgomery) includes all of the free classes a person wants to take, said Chandler. A global membership which includes all six campuses is also available for only $55.
The open house events, to be held over the next two months and allow visitors to check out the classes scheduled and ask questions of staff members who will be on hand.
Upcoming open house dates are:
- Aug. 4 (Monday), 1:30-3 p.m., LSC-University Park. West Dining Room. Call 281-401-1868 for more information.
- Aug. 12 (Tuesday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-North Harris. Community Education Building. Call 281-765-7947 for more information.
- Aug. 13 (Wednesday), 2-4 p.m., LSC-Atascocita Center, Room AC201. Call 281-312-1750 for more information.
- Aug. 14 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-Victory Center. Call 281-765-7947 for more information.
- Aug. 21 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-Kingwood, EMCID off-site Center, 21575 Highway 59N, New Caney. Call 281-312-1750 for more information.
- Aug. 23 (Saturday), 11 a.m.-1 p.m., LSC-Montgomery, Building E, upstairs. Call 936-273-7446 for more information.
- Aug. 23 (Saturday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-Tomball, Beckendorf Conference Center. Call 281-357-3676 for more information.
- Sept. 13 (Saturday), 9 a.m.-noon, LSC-CyFair, Conference Center. Call 281-290-3460 for more information.
Lone Star College System is holding open house events for the Academy for Lifelong Learning,
a membership program geared toward adults 50-plus interested in continuing their education.
Go to LoneStar.edu/ALL to learn more.
Lone Star College System has been opening doors to a better community for 40 years. Founded in 1973, LSCS remains steadfast in its commitment to student success and credential completion. Today, with 78,000 students in credit classes, and a total enrollment of more than 90,000, Lone Star College System is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community college systems in the nation. Dr. Steve Head is the chancellor of LSCS, which consists of six colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood, LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park, seven centers, LSC-University Center at Montgomery, LSC-University Center at University Park, Lone Star Corporate College, and LSC-Online.