please be aware that access to the college coming from I-45 has been altered due to the opening of the new direct-connect flyover, which lands directly in front of the Maverick Way entrance to the college.
LSC-Montgomery has three entrances into the campus from Highway 242 (College Park Drive): Maverick Way, which is the eastern-most entrance closest to I-45; LSC-University Center, the middle entrance, which is located across the intersection from Achievement Drive; and West Campus Drive, the furthest-most entrance from I-45.
Due to the recent opening of the flyover, Maverick Way is no longer accessible to traffic coming from I-45, unless you are traveling on the new flyover. Any non-flyover westbound traffic on 242 cannot turn into the college at the Maverick Way entrance. Instead, traffic must proceed to either the LSC-University Center or West Campus Drive entrances.
Parking lots off Maverick Way are still accessible; however, they must be reached by using the other entrances and following the signs to parking lots #1-4 to access the Student Services Center (Bldg. C), Performing Arts Center (Bldg. D), Music Hall (Bldg. H), and the Administration Building (Bldg. E).
Traffic coming from the west on 242 will still be able to use the Maverick Way entrance, and the flyover does not affect the Maverick Way exit.
As you make your way to campus this coming week for the start of the fall semester, please be aware of some major changes in campus entry along College Park Drive.
- If you are coming from I-45, you WILL NOT be able to turn right at the first entrance (Maverick Way) unless you are on the flyover.
- Instead, you will continue on to the University Center entrance or the West Campus Drive entrance (see map below). There will be lots of signage directing you to these entrances.
- Keep cool! There is FREE COVERED parking in the LSC-Montgomery Parking Garage, accessible via West Campus Drive. LSC-Montgomery students can also park for free in the SHSU garage until 4 p.m.
- Please follow the directional signage. If you wish to park in the lots off of Maverick Way, there will be signs directing you to those lots.
- If you are coming from the west on College Park Drive, you WILL be able to turn left at Maverick Way.
- Arrive early – especially during the first two weeks of semester when traffic is heaviest. Avoid being late to class!
- Drive safe! Obey all traffic signs/signals.
- All LSC-Montgomery students, faculty and staff are required to have a parking permit. It is FREE. If you haven't already ordered yours, you can do so at www.LoneStar.edu/parking.
- If you want to use the flyover for easy access into Maverick Way, there is a toll (no toll booth; EZ TAG required) of $.50 from 6 a.m.-8 p.m., and $.25 from 8 p.m.-6 a.m. If you use the flyover three times without a tag, you will be charged $11 per infraction. If you don't already have an EZ TAG account, you can set one up at https://www.hctra.org.?
LSC-Montgomery is located at 3200 College Park Drive, one-half mile west of I-45, between Conroe and The Woodlands. For more information about the college, call (936) 273-7000, or visit www.LoneStar.edu/montgomery.
Lone Star College System has been opening doors to a better community for more than 40 years. Founded in 1973, LSCS remains steadfast in its commitment to student success and credential completion. Today, with 78,000 students in credit classes, and a total enrollment of more than 90,000, Lone Star College System is the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area and one of the fastest-growing community college systems in the nation. Dr. Steve Head is the chancellor of LSCS, which consists of six colleges including LSC-CyFair, LSC-Kingwood,LSC-Montgomery, LSC-North Harris, LSC-Tomball and LSC-University Park, seven centers, LSC-University Center at Montgomery, LSC-University Center at University Park, Lone Star Corporate College, and LSC-Online. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.