Adults age 50-plus who are interested in expanding their horizons are invited to attend a Lone Star College Academy for Lifelong Learning (ALL) open house.
“All active adults who are interested in attending lectures, seminars or discussions are encouraged to attend one of our open houses,” said Pat Chandler, system program manager for ALL. “We cover a wide range of topics and have lots of locations to make it easy for people to participate.”
More than 600 classes will be offered this spring covering a wide variety of interests such as arts and crafts, gardening skills, photography techniques, health and wellness, technology, genealogy, Tai Chi, yoga, literary discussion groups, and many more. Classes are short-term, non-credit, and can last a few hours to several weeks.
“The annual membership fee of $20 ($35 at LSC-Montgomery) allows a person to take all the classes he or she is interested in at his/her campus,” said Chandler. “Anyone who is interested in taking classes at more than one campus can get a $55 annual global membership which allows individuals to participate in ALL programs at any LSC location where a class is offered.”
The open house events take place in January and February and allow visitors the opportunity to learn more about scheduled classes. ALL staff members will be on hand to answer questions.
Upcoming open house dates are:
· Jan. 8 (Friday), 2-4 p.m., LSC-Atascocita Center. Call 281-312-1750.
· Jan. 9 (Saturday), 11 a.m.-1 p.m., LSC-Montgomery, Building B-150. Call 936-273-7446.
· Jan. 15 (Friday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-CyFair, Conference Center. Call 281-290-3460.
· Jan. 15 (Friday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-Tomball, Beckendorf Conference Center. Call 281-401-1868.
· Jan. 15 (Friday), 1-3 p.m. LSC-Victory Center. Call 281-765-7947.
· Jan. 21 (Thursday), 1-3 p.m., LSC-Kingwood, EMCID Center (off site). Call 281-312-1750.
· Jan. 22 (Friday), 10 a.m.-noon, LSC-North Harris. Call 281-765-7947.
· Feb. 4 (Thursday), 10:30-11:30 a.m., LSC-University Park, EMI Building. Call 281-401-1868.
Visit LoneStar.edu/ALL to learn more.
Active adults who are interested in attending lectures, seminars or discussions
are encouraged to attend one of the Lone Star College Academy for Lifelong Learning open houses
taking place in January and February.
Known for its leadership, innovation and steadfast commitment to student success, Lone Star College provides high-quality academic transfer and workforce education/career training programs to more than 83,000 credit students each semester, and a total enrollment of 95,000 students. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to promote student success and economic prosperity. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., is the chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area, which consists of six colleges, seven centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online. To learn more visit LoneStar.edu.