Enjoy history and traditions at Lone Star College-CyFair’s free workshops in November and December.
The free Learning, Inspiration, Friendship and Enrichment (L.I.F.E.) programs are held Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in the library (LRNC room 131 unless otherwise noted) at 9191 Barker Cypress.
- November 7 — The Excitement Continues . . .
Bleed orange once again and celebrate where we came from as Cy-Fair College 15 years ago. Wear your orange and bone up on college history. Lou Cruz, professor of chemistry and founding faculty, leads us in the Cy-Fair school song/alma mater (which she composed).
- November 14 — Gandhi: Stories of Peace and Culture
Victor Schill reveals a world of inspiring stories with themes of peace and diversity in conjunction with our exhibition from the Gandhi Library in November.
- November 21 — No Workshop - Happy Thanksgiving
- November 28 — Vietnamese Fish Soup
Our own home chef Huyen Doan comes to L.I.F.E. with her healthful and delectable soup made from fresh fish. Ask Huyen to tell us about com thang or monthly rice traditions.
- December 5 — German Christmas Markets
Librarian Lauren Hall shows us how Germans come alive during the Christmas season and celebrate this holiday with fervor. Try some non-alcoholic glühwein or kinderpunsch.
- December 12 — Christmas Carols
Bring your joy and good cheer to sing along with children’s librarian and musician Jen Crouse.
- December 19, 26, and January 2 — No Workshops